Recruitment of new deputy vice-chancellor
The vice-chancellor is to have a deputy (entitled deputy vice-chancellor), who acts on behalf of the vice-chancellor when the latter is away. The deputy vice-chancellor is appointed by the University Board. A person is eligible for the position of deputy vice-chancellor if he or she meets the eligibility requirements for a position as professor or senior lecturer.
For those who wants to nominate
All staff and students have during the period 22 March 2017 - 17 April 2017 the opportunity to nominate candidates for the position of Deputy Vice-Chancellor. The candidate must first be asked and accept the nomination.
Staff who wish to nominate candidates are to contact the head of division Cecilia Billgren via tel 046 222 70 24 or email Cecilia.Billgren [at] rektor.lu.se.
Students who wish to nominate candidates are to contact the LUS chair Björn Sanders via tel 0708 213 117 or email ordf [at] LUS.lu.se .
All nominated candidates will be evaluated against the person specification. The nominating committee will be responsible for the selection process and presentation of the final candidates to the Electoral College.
Process of appointing a new deputy vice-chancellor
The work will proceed according to the following general timetable:
- 15 February: The Board appoints an internal nominating committee and takes a decision on the process
- 21 March: The Board takes a decision on the person specification for the deputy vice-chancellor, after consultation with teaching staff, other employees and students through the Electoral College
- 22 March: Information on the vacant position as deputy vice-chancellor, and the opportunity to nominate candidates
- 17 April: Last day to submit an expression of interest or to nominate candidates
- 10–11 May: Candidates interviewed by the nominating committee
- 19 May: Candidates presented to the Electoral College by the nominating committee
- 20–31 May: Electoral College meeting
- 31 May: Statement by the Electoral College to the nominating committee
- 16 June: The University Board appoints a new deputy vice-chancellor
Changes to the timetable can be made by the nominating committee as required.
The nominating committee
The nominating committee is composed of the following members:
- Jonas Hafström, (chair) convener
- Sven Lidin (lecturer)
- Anna Stellinger (external)
- Oskar Styf (student)
The following people have the right to attend, make statements and proposals at the meetings of the nominating committee:
- a representative of the Lund University Students’ Unions: Björn Sanders
- a representative for each of the employee organisations:
Saco-S Lars-Åke Lööv
OFR/S Jacob Branting
SEKO Ingrid Lagerbäck
Chair of the Electoral College Mats Benner will attend one of the meetings of the nominating committee (in accordance with a decision taken by the nominating committee on 20 February).
The chair of the nominating committee has the casting vote during the committee meetings.
Head of Office Cecilia Billgren will provide the nominating committee with administrative support. The group will report continuously to the Board
Head of office
+46 46 222 70 24
cecilia.billgren [at] rektor.lu.se