Operations in China
What is a collaboration platform?
An important part of the internationalisation efforts at Lund University, the number of collaboration platforms in Asia contribute to increasing Lund University’s profile in the region, and guarantee sustainable collaboration with Asian universities.
European University Centre at Peking University
A collaboration programme between 10 European universities and Peking University aiming to stimulate the following types of activities:
- Establishing joint research projects
- Increasing knowledge about Europe and China by establishing second and third cycle courses
- Being the backbone of comparative research between Europe and China.
- Providing service for visiting staff and researchers
- Increasing knowledge about the education systems in Europe and China
- Arranging conferences and symposia regarding higher education in Europe and China
Nordic Centre at Fudan University in Shanghai
A collaboration programme between 23 Nordic universities, aimed to increase understanding and create a closer bond between the Nordic countries and China through collaborative research projects and education. The following activities are conducted at the Nordic Centre:
- Teaching for Chinese students about the Nordic countries
- Teaching for Nordic students about China
- Collaboration with Nordic businesses in Shanghai and China supported by the Nordic embassies and consulates.
Joint Centre of Innovation and Entrepreneurship at Zhejiang University
Lund University has contributed to establishing a centre for innovation and entrepreneurship together with Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, with the following objectives:
- Establishing collaboration between universities and industry in innovation systems
- Developing joint research projects about innovation and entrepreneurship
- Conducting researcher, teaching staff and student exchange in innovation and entrepreneurship
- Establishing collaboration on knowledge transfer, commercialisation of inventions and patents
- Developing lines of communication through a global network of entrepreneurs and innovators
- Strengthening relations between universities, incubators and industrial parks
The Lund University participants are: CIRCLE (Centre for Innovation, Research and Competence in the Learning Economy) and the School of Economics and Management.
David C. Lam Institute for East-West Studies in Hong Kong – LEWI
LEWI is an international research institute located in Hong Kong, with members from and operations in several continents. Lund University has its own office in Hong Kong which is first and foremost available to our researchers and teaching staff. LEWI offers the following:
- Resident Graduate Scholarship Programme
- Visitorship Programme
- Scholar-in-Residence Programme