Operations in India
Nordic Centre in India
The Nordic Centre in India (NCI) is a consortium of Nordic universities, aiming to promote research and education collaboration between the Nordic countries and India. The NCI is administered by a Nordic secretariat, currently at Umeå University, and has a liaison office/manager’s residence in New Delhi. The NCI offers support to researchers, students and visiting Nordic groups by:
- Organising meetings, lectures, seminars and conferences
- Applying for research visas
- Establishing contacts with Indian universities and authorities
- Offering accommodation free of charge for researchers and other NCI member university staff at the NCI residence in New Delhi
- Finding appropriate host organisations in India for students conducting Minor Field Studies
The NCI also offers summer and semester courses for students at NCI partner universities in India. For more information and to apply, see contact information in the right hand column.
SASNET – Swedish South Asian Studies Network
SASNET is a Swedish network, based out of Lund University, for research and education in South Asia. The network encourages boundary-crossing and cross-faculty collaboration between higher education institutions in the Nordic countries and South Asia.
+46 46 222 45 03
niklas.nannskog [at] er.lu.se