General syllabi and individual study plans
Each research subject has a general syllabus containing information on:
- The main content of the study programme, required reading and any compulsory exams for the programme.
- The general structure of the study programme.
- Specific entry requirements – prior knowledge and other conditions which apply for admission to the study programme.
- Provisions on selection and the grounds for assessment to be applied in the review of the applicant’s ability to benefit from the study programme.
- Whether there is an option to conclude part of the study programme with a licentiate degree.
Read more about general syllabi on the faculty web pages regarding research studies:
- School of Economics and Management
- Faculties of Humanities and Theology
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
Individual study plan
For each doctoral candidate, an individual study plan is to be set up to structure and organise the study programme. The study plan is drawn up in consultation between the supervisor and the doctoral candidate.
The Higher Education Ordinance contains rules on the individual study plan. The study plan constitutes an important support for ensuring that the doctoral programme can be successfully completed within four years (in the case of full-time study).
+46 46 222 30 32
cecilia.gagne [at] fsi.lu.se
Research liaison officer
+46 46 222 16 81
magnus.gudmundsson [at] fsi.lu.se