Course in presentation techniques
The course is mainly intended for researchers/doctoral students and academic leaders/managers.
The aim of the Presenting and Convincing course is to strengthen the participants’ ability to present their messages in a clear and engaging way without sacrificing seriousness, and to help them feel more secure and confident in the role of a public speaker. During the course, we combine reviews of strategies and tools with illustrative examples, discussions, group exercises and individual presentations with subsequent feedback.
- Rhetorical strategies for influence
- How to strengthen your natural authority and create trust from the start
- Guidelines for effective preparation
- Structuring a presentation in an attractive way
- Building blocks for clear and concise messages
- Basic argumentation technique
- How to use your body language to your advantage
- Using PowerPoint in a recipient-friendly way
- Communicating with your audience
- Individual presentations with subsequent feedback and personalised advice
- Summary and evaluation
- Individual follow-up with the course leader
On completion of the course, the participants will:
- Have developed their personal style of public speaking
- Have increased their impact and ability to deliver engaging presentations that capture the audience
- Be able to formulate clearer messages that spark interest
- Feel happier, stronger and more secure in the role of a public speaker/presenter
- Have received inspiration and new perspectives on the success factors of communication
When and where
The course contains three half-days of teaching and training (on 7 November at 8:30–13:00 and on 14 November and 21 November at 8:30–12:00).
The course is led by Susanne Hedin (www.susannehedin.se) and conducted on Retorikbyrån’s premises at Ideon in Lund.