Information about the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Lund University’s data protection officer
Employees and data subjects (persons whose personal data is registered) at Lund University who need advice and guidance about the processing of personal data can contact Lund University’s data protection officer Bo-Göran Andersson at dataskyddsombud [at] lu [dot] se.
If you have questions regarding data processor agreements, please contact Legal Services.
Frequently asked questions
For practical advice on how to process personal data correctly:
Employees who process personal data
The following applies to employees who:
- Process personal data within education:
Follow the general advice in the FAQs on the project blog
- Process personal data within research: Researchers are not required to take any immediate measures. There are several ongoing inquiries, which means that many questions will remain unanswered until they have been completed and the Swedish Parliament and government have adopted new legislation and regulations. However, we expect that the rules will be similar to those that apply today, including the rules on ethical review. Research projects that process personal data must report this to the data protection officer. The online form for reporting is under development; information will be sent out when it is ready.
- Process personal data within external engagement (e.g. outreach activities, student and employee recruitment, public events): The person who collects personal data is responsible for ensuring that consent is obtained from the data subjects when required, as well as to inform the data subjects of the processing. Templates with standardised information for employees, students and the public participating in conferences and public events are being drawn up and will be available on the Staff Pages shortly.
- Process personal data within image and film: Detailed information about the rules that apply to the processing of personal data in the form of photos and videos and the relevant consent form to be used whenever required are available on the page Images and film – copyright and consent
Go to the page Images and film – copyright and consent
Links to further information about processing personal data
- General advice in the FAQs on the Lund University project blog
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC