Your browser has javascript turned off or blocked. This will lead to some parts of our website to not work properly or at all. Turn on javascript for best performance.

The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Welcome to Lund University

Here you will find information about our Welcome days and information about the practical things you will need in order to start working.

Welcome days

The University organises welcome days for all the new employees at Lund University.

Read more and register in Kompetensportalen (professional development portal), in Swedish


Administrative systems at Lund University

The most important ones are SSC PRIMULA (HR-system, reporting sickness, getting your pay-slip, filling in travel expenses), LUPIN (an order system: you place orders and pay the invoices in the same system), LUCAT (A staff directory), LUCRIS, Lund University’s research information system (information on researchers, research groups, projects or research-related activities within, for example, external engagement), Kompetensportalen (system for professional and careers development for staff).

Administrative systems at Lund University

Access card

You need an access card, known as an LU card, with a photograph in order to gain entry to University premises.

Read more about how to obtain an LU card

Internal mailing codes, cost centres

To send something to someone via internal mail, you need to know the internal mailing code for the person or the organisational unit. It is sometimes abbreviated to HS ("hämtställe" in Swedish).

Read more about internal mail

In order to do certain things, like book premises or buy something on invoice, you need to know the cost centre of your organisation. This is a six-figure code. Ask your manager what your cost centre is.


Contact your line manager or your organisational unit’s HR/staff officer if you have any questions about your employment or your organisational unit’s procedures regarding HR/staff matters.

If you can’t find what you are looking for on the web page…

Access the most-searched university-wide HR information or ask the HR Division a question.

Related information

International Citizen Hub in Lund has many events, open both to you as an employee and to your spouse.

EOScares have social activities for international staff and spouses.

Starter Kit for Doctoral Candidates (PDF, new tab) from The Swedish Association of University Teachers and Researchers, SULF.