Career development for research team leaders
Lund University offers a broad range of activities that contribute in one way or another to the career development of new or future research team leaders.
Several areas of responsibility are included in the role of academic leader at Lund University. We want you to be able to take well-informed decisions concerning your research team, but also decisions on your own career, both within and outside academia.
All career development activities are offered, with a few exceptions, in English. All activities are suitable for the target group of academic leaders and all activities will contribute in one way or another to the development of your expertise and career.
Courses and programmes for managers and leaders
Career development activities
- How to Manage your time as (a senior) researcher - pilot online workshop - 15 October, half-day
- Course (at a subsidised cost): Written English for Scholarly Publication. Several course dates in October and November - deadline for registration 10 September.
- How to take your research results and turn them into a career outside academia
- Get organised: How to fill that academic portfolio with substance
- Career Beyond Academia – seminar series on transferable skills and the art of transition - Oct/Nov 2021
- Get published, get reviewed and get your research out there! The publication process, the peer-review process, Open Access and a dash of LUCRIS - Autumn term 2021
- Ethics vs Metrics – why you should think twice before co-publishing - Spring term 2021
- What is ”overhead” and how does it work?
- Courses on teaching and learning in higher education (more relevant information in the right-hand column)
- Swedish for University Staff
- Euraxess is not only an EU-initiative to promote international research mobility, it has also focused on developing online tools to help you take those next career steps. Explore their "No limits' career development toolkit for researchers"
- Project Management in a Research Environment - the methods and tools you need to reach goals effectively - 3,5 day course: 27 August, 8-9 September and 1 October 2021.
- Academic writing - From Perfectionism and Procrastination to Flow - 19 November 2021.
Human Resources division
asa [dot] thormahlen [at] hr [dot] lu [dot] se
Human Resources division
heidi [dot] nilsson [at] hr [dot] lu [dot] se
- LERU Report “Delivering talent: careers of researchers inside and outside academia”
- Lund University appointment rules (PDF 614 kB, new tab)
- Policy on employment and good and clear career paths for teaching staff and researchers at Lund University (PDF 436 kB, new tab)
- Guidelines for management positions at Lund University (PDF 55 kB, new tab)