Career development for research team leaders
Several areas of responsibility are included in the role of academic leader at Lund University. We want you to be able to take well-informed decisions concerning your research team, but also decisions on your own career, both within and outside academia.
All career development activities are offered, with a few exceptions, in English. All activities are suitable for the target group of academic leaders and all activities will contribute in one way or another to the development of your expertise and career.
Courses and programmes for managers and leaders
View the range of programmes and courses for managers and leaders: (in Swedish)
Click on the image to enlarge (PDF 22 kB, new window)
Career development activities
- Ethics vs Metrics – why you should think twice before co-publishing – Spring term 2020
- How to take your research results and turn them into a career outside academia – June 2020
- International mobility – why is this important for your career and how do you go about it? – 4 Feb 2020
- Get organised: How to fill that academic portfolio with substance
- Career Beyond Academia – seminar series on transferable skills and the art of transition – April 2020
- Get published, get reviewed and get your research out there! The publication process, the peer-review process, Open Access and a dash of LUCRIS – March 2020
- What is ”overhead” and how does it work?
- Online course for PostDocs – PostDoc Career Success. As a junior researcher, for instance recently appointed postdocs, are welcome to participate in the online PostDoc Career Success programme in English that provides basic knowledge and tools that can be directly applied to your everyday work. The programme is free for all participants.
- Courses on teaching and learning in higher education (more relevant information in the right-hand column)
- Swedish for University Staff
- Euraxess is not only an EU-initiative to promote international research mobility, it has also focused on developing online tools to help you take those next career steps. Explore their "No limits' career development toolkit for researchers"
+46 46 222 70 15
asa [dot] thormahlen [at] hr [dot] lu [dot] se
- LERU Report “Delivering talent: careers of researchers inside and outside academia”
- Lund University appointment rules (PDF 614 kB, new window)
- Policy on employment and good and clear career paths for teaching staff and researchers at Lund University (PDF 436 kB, new window)
- Guidelines for management positions at Lund University (PDF 55 kB, new window)