New Vice-Chancellor and Deputy Vice-Chancellor 2021
At its meeting on 24 September 2019, the University Board decided to initiate the recruitment of the vice-chancellor and deputy vice-chancellor of Lund University for the term of office starting on 1 January 2021.
At the same time, a Recruitment Committee was appointed and tasked to draw up proposals for a new vice-chancellor and deputy vice-chancellor.
The Recruitment Committee
The Recruitment Committee is led by the chair of the University Board Jonas Hafström. The other members are:
- Head of finance Ingrid Bengtsson-Rijavec, external member
- Professor Anne L’Huillier, teaching staff
- Linnea Karlsson, student
- Head of faculty office Catrin Malmström, non-academic staff
- Malin Bruce, student
- Senior lecturer Johan Östling, teaching staff
- Professor Viveka Alfredsson, teaching staff
During the autumn, the Recruitment Committee, after consultations with the Electoral College, drew up a person specification proposal for the vice-chancellor. The person specification was approved by the University Board on 13 December 2019.
The Recruitment Committee has also drawn up a plan for the recruitment process relating to the vice-chancellor and deputy vice-chancellor.
The application period for the position of vice-chancellor was 13 December 2019 to 2 February 2020. Staff and students at Lund University could also nominate candidates for the position during this period.
The Recrutiment Committe will be interviewing candidates during the month of March.
The Recruitment Committee interviewed the candidates in the week beginning 1 June and thereafter agreed on the candidates who are to proceed in the process.
Revised 2020-04-06 due to the coronavirus pandemic
- Work on selection and interviews
- Candidate/candidates are presented to the Electoral College
- The Electoral College submits a statement about the candidate/candidates.
- The Recruitment Committee submit proposal for vicechancellor to the University Board.
- The Recruitment Committee draws up a person specification for the deputy vice-chancellor, including consultations with the Electoral College.
- The University Board takes a decision on the proposal for vice-chancellor.
- The University Board approves the person specification for the deputy vice-chancellor
- Call for applications and vacancy announcement, if applicable, for the position of deputy vice-chancellor
- Work on selection and interviews for the position of deputy vice-chancellor.
- The Government appoints a new vice-chancellor as of 1 January 2021.
- Candidate/candidates for the position of deputy vice-chancellor are presented to the Electoral College.
- The Recruitment Committee submit proposal for deputy vicechancellor to the
- The University Board appoints a deputy vice-chancellor