New Vice-Chancellor and Deputy Vice-Chancellor 2021
At its meeting on 24 September 2019, the University Board decided to initiate the recruitment of the vice-chancellor and deputy vice-chancellor of Lund University for the term of office starting on 1 January 2021.
At the same time, a Recruitment Committee was appointed and tasked to draw up proposals for a new vice-chancellor and deputy vice-chancellor.
The Recruitment Committee
The Recruitment Committee is led by the chair of the University Board Jonas Hafström. The other members are:
- Head of finance Ingrid Bengtsson-Rijavec, external member
- Professor Anne L’Huillier, teaching staff
- Robin Bernståhle, student
- Head of faculty office Catrin Malmström, non-academic staff
- Gustav Ekström, student
- Senior lecturer Johan Östling, teaching staff
- Professor Viveka Alfredsson, teaching staff
During the autumn, the Recruitment Committee, after consultations with the Electoral College, drew up a person specification proposal for the vice-chancellor. The person specification was approved by the University Board on 13 December 2019.
The Recruitment Committee has also drawn up a plan for the recruitment process relating to the vice-chancellor and deputy vice-chancellor.
The application period for the position of vice-chancellor was 13 December 2019 to 2 February 2020. Staff and students at Lund University could also nominate candidates for the position during this period.
The Recrutiment Committe will be interviewing candidates during the month of March.
- Work on selection and interviews
- Candidate/candidates are presented to the Electoral College
- The Recruitment Committee submits one or more proposals for vicechancellor to the University Board.
- The Recruitment Committee draws up a person specification for the deputy vice-chancellor, including consultations with the Electoral College.
- The University Board takes a decision on the proposal for vice-chancellor.
- The University Board approves the person specification for the deputy vice-chancellor
- Call for applications and vacancy announcement, if applicable, for the position of deputy vice-chancellor
- Work on selection and interviews for the position of deputy vice-chancellor.
- The Government appoints a new vice-chancellor as of 1 January 2021.
- Candidate/candidates are presented to the Electoral College.
- The Recruitment Committee submit one or more proposals for deputy vicechancellor to the University Board.
- The University Board appoints a deputy vice-chancellor