New Vice-Chancellor and Deputy Vice-Chancellor 2021
At its meeting on 24 September 2019, the University Board decided to initiate the recruitment of the vice-chancellor and deputy vice-chancellor of Lund University for the term of office starting on 1 January 2021.
At the same time, a Recruitment Committee was appointed and tasked to draw up proposals for a new vice-chancellor and deputy vice-chancellor.
The Recruitment Committee is led by the chair of the University Board Jonas Hafström. The other members are:
- Head of finance Ingrid Bengtsson-Rijavec, external member
- Professor Anne L’Huillier, teaching staff
- Robin Bernståhle, student
- Head of faculty office Catrin Malmström, non-academic staff
- Gustav Ekström, student
- Senior lecturer Johan Östling, teaching staff
- Professor Viveka Alfredsson, teaching staff
During the autumn, the Recruitment Committee, after consultations with the Electoral College, drew up a person specification proposal for the vice-chancellor. The person specification was approved by the University Board on 13 December 2019. The application period for the position of vice-chancellor is 13 December 2019 to 2 February 2020. Employees and students at Lund University may also nominate candidates for the position.