Ladok for third cycle studies
Documentation of third cycle studies at Lund University is regulated through the Higher Education Ordinance, the Ordinance Concerning the Reporting of Studies etc. at Universities and University Colleges, as well as through local regulations. Here, you will find information on what is documented, and by whom.
The following shall be documented for third-cycle studies:
- Individual study plan
- Activity and maintenance
- Approved leave from studies
- Interruption of studies
- Completed parts of the programme
- Passed courses
- Special permission to attend third cycle courses
- Evaluation of courses within a subject
- Completed course component
- Passed thesis
- Degree certificate
More detailed information can be found in the following documents:
All active doctoral students shall be registered in Ladok at the start of each semester. Doctoral students can register themselves through the Student Portal.
Reporting activity and maintenance
Lund University is obligated to provide information about their doctoral students to Statistics Sweden (Statistiska Centralbyrån). This information is also used in the University annual report. Departments with doctoral students must therefore report on the activity and maintenance of their doctoral students. In the user manual to the doctoral student registry, you will find instructions on how to report. The following document with instructions and relevant dates have been sent to the departments as well.
The Department for Study Administration Systems
The Department for Study Administration Systems has the operational responsibility for Ladok, Live@Lund and Lubas
support [at] ladok [dot] lu [dot] se
Sölvegatan 18 B, Lund
SE-221 00 Lund
Internal mailing code 61
All of the following forms will open in a new tab.
Forms in Swedish:
- Admission to third cycle studies (PDF 226 kB)
Admission to third cycle studies — web form
- Special permission to attend third cycle courses (PDF 74 kB)
- Certificate for doctoral students with non-EU/EES citizenship (PDF 58 kB)
- Activity and income details for third-cycle students on Statistics Sweden's website (in Swedish)