Validation of research output
"Editor of research output" with a license to validate
If you have the role of "Editor of Research Output", you are an important part of creating and maintaining good metadata quality in LUCRIS. You have the support function, manuals and a continuously improved and refined practice to support you.
LUCRIS is a research information system based on creating relations between different forms of research publications, activities and projects. As a librarian, you can use LUCRIS to:
- Conduct reviews of metadata and validation for quality assurance.
- LUB unified practice provides assistance for your reviews (only in Swedish at this point).
- Reviews of entries in LUCRIS replace the work previously conducted in LUP.
- Facilitate and support researchers in entering data in LUCRIS. As a reviewer and support for questions about registration of research outputs, you have the important task of communicating with the researchers whose data you validate.
- For your assistance, there is not only the LUB unified practice relating to the reviewing of entries, but also the support organisation built up jointly by LUCRIS system administration and all those who have various support roles in the system. .
Unified practice for reviewing metadata in LUCRIS
The introduction of LUCRIS, as well as changes in external requirements such as those from SwePub, entails a change in the workflow both for researchers and reviewers of research outputs. The system change in combination with the adjustment to SwePub’s national requirements has resulted in LUB choosing to develop a unified practice for placement and review of research outputs in LUCRIS. The practice aims to facilitate the choice of correct material category and optimise information placement at the review stage to enable the best possible metadata in LUCRIS and exports to external sources. The unified practice was decided by LUB’s management group on 19 January 2016. At this point the guidelines are only available in Swedish.