Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.

Teaching staff mobility

questions and answers

Which countries and higher education institutions can I visit in Europe?

You can visit higher education institutions in any of the 30 other countries participating in  Erasmus+. There is a requirement for a bilateral agreement with the partner university that you want to visit. If there is no valid agreement, contact the international coordinator at your department/faculty and discuss the possibility of drafting an agreement.

Find partner universities in Europe – read more on the international opportunities and partnership page (länk)

What does the term “teaching” cover?

Teaching is considered to include all types of teaching of students in first, second and third  cycle education in which the teaching staff member is physically present at the host higher education institution, for example lectures, seminars, individual supervision, examinations etc.

Service categories

Seniority in service is to be reported according to the EU, but there is no clear definition of the different categories. In general, junior refers to doctoral students, lecturers and senior lecturers up to those with qualifications required for appointment as an associate professor, intermediary refers to associate professors or researchers/senior lecturers with qualifications required for appointment as an associate professor. Senior is equivalent to highly experienced senior lecturers and professors.

Description of the mobility

Regarding the fields “Overall objectives of the mobility”, “Added value of the mobility”, “Content of the teaching programme” and “Expected outcomes and impact” in the  application form, it is sufficient to provide a brief description of the planned mobility (a few sentences in each field is enough). 

How will I know that I have been granted Erasmus funding for teaching staff mobility?

It is confirmed when you get back the signed Erasmus+ Grant Agreement from External Affairs stating that your application has been granted.

When will I receive a decision regarding my application?

The processing period is normally 2–3 weeks. However, the processing period will be longer during holiday periods.

How can I access an application that has already been submitted?

Click on the application link and then on the line “I have already applied for the scholarship this academic year and want to see my file”. 

Page Manager:


ErasmusTeaching [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se

Telephone: +46 (0)46-222 00 00 (switchboard)
Mailing adress: Box 117, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Invoice adress: Box 188, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Organisation number: 202100-3211

Site manager: staffpages [at] lu [dot] se

About this website