LU Africa Research Day 2019
All PhD-students and staff at LU are invited to the first LU Africa Research Day on 23 October from 13.00 to 16.30. The purpose is to promote collaboration with African partners by presenting challenges and opportunities for collaboration and funding.
- Thomas Rosswall, Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Swedish International Development Cooperation (Sida)
- Dan Wilhelmsson, Coordinator for Development Research, Swedish Research Council
- Rickard Eksten, Brussels representative, Senior EU Policy Officer, Lärosäten Syd, Lund University
- Johanna Mellgren, Lund University Research Service Office
- John Phillips, Lund University Research Service Office
3rd SASUF Research and Innovation Week in Uppsala 4-8 May 2020
The SASUF project will arrange the third and last research and innovation week in Uppsala 4-8 May 2020. About 400 participants from Sweden and South Africa will discuss the UN sustainable development goals within the following 6 areas:
- Climate change, natural resources and sustainability
- Education for a Sustainable Society
- Social transformation through change: Development strategies for society
- Understanding the burden of disease in Sweden and South Africa
- Urbanisation and cities in the 21st Century
- Digital technologies, big data and cybersecurity
A call for applications for travel grants will be announced in the beginning of the autumn term 2019.
What is SASUF?
Lund University is a member of the SASUF-project (South Africa Sweden University Forum), together with 12 other Swedish and 23 South African universities. SASUF is coordinated by Uppsala University and is a cooperation project between universities, organisations and authorities in Sweden and South Africa. Funding comes from STINT, South African National Research Foundation (NRF) and Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). Swedish universities co-finance the project.
+46 46 222 77 42
par [dot] svensson [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se