SOUTH AFRICA SWEDEN UNIVERSITY FORUM
SASUF (South Africa Sweden University Forum) has been granted funding from STINT for a second phase of three years from 2022 to 2024 for cooperation with South Africa. The project includes 14 Swedish and 22 South African partner universities.
This new phase – SASUF 2030 – will organise an annual "SASUF 2030 Sustainability Forum" for individual researchers, teachers, students and representatives of university managements, funders and ministries. The forum, which consists of a conference and a large amount of satellite activities, will be arranged in Sweden in September 2022. The project will also offer seed funding for cooperation between Sweden and South Africa. Special funds will be available to develop digital collaboration.
For questions, contact par [dot] svensson [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se
SASUF Goes Digital: 2020 Edition
Connecting the Global South and North
On 23-27 November 2020, SASUF arranged its third research and innovation week digitally. During the week, about 400 researchers from Sweden and South Africa participated in digital seminars and workshops to discuss, among other things, the UN's Sustainable Development Goals in the following 6 defined subject areas:
- Climate change, natural resources and sustainability
- Education for a Sustainable Society
- Social transformation through change: Development strategies for society
- Understanding the burden of disease in Sweden and South Africa
- Urbanisation and cities in the 21st Century
- Digital technologies, big data and cybersecurity