SOUTH AFRICA SWEDEN UNIVERSITY FORUM
Lund University is a partner in the SASUF project (South Africa Sweden University Forum) together with 13 Swedish and 24 South African universities. SASUF is coordinated by Uppsala University and is a collaborative project between universities, organisations and authorities in Sweden and South Africa. Funding comes from STINT, the South African National Research Foundation (NRF) and the Department of Higher Educations and Training (DHET). Swedish higher education institutions co-finance the project.
During the years 2018-2021, researchers, companies, research financiers and authorities from Sweden and South Africa will be offered opportunities for different forms of collaboration to strengthen existing relationships between the two countries and to establish new forms of sustainable collaboration with a particular focus on younger researchers.
SASUF Goes Digital: 2020 Edition
Connecting the Global South and North
On 23-27 November 2020, SASUF arranged its third research and innovation week digitally. During the week, about 400 researchers from Sweden and South Africa participated in digital seminars and workshops to discuss, among other things, the UN's Sustainable Development Goals in the following 6 defined subject areas:
- Climate change, natural resources and sustainability
- Education for a Sustainable Society
- Social transformation through change: Development strategies for society
- Understanding the burden of disease in Sweden and South Africa
- Urbanisation and cities in the 21st Century
- Digital technologies, big data and cybersecurity