Step 2: Nominations and applications
Step 2 involves nominating students until they have submitted their applications online.
Partner universities nominate
In connection with preparing calls in LINK, partner universities are given the opportunity to nominate their students online (see step 1). The nomination deadline is decided in connection with preparing the call.
All nominated students will receive instructions via email about how to apply online. The partner university’s nomination will generate the email. Requests for courses are a part of the application, including requests to participate in an introductory course for exchange students (course code SUSA01) and the Orientation Programme. See the LINK manual for an example of an email with application instructions sent to nominated students.
Dates for application periods
- 1–25 April for the autumn semester
- 1–25 October for the spring semester
Deadlines apply for both studies and accommodation, but remember that students must submit two separate applications.
Accommodation for students at Lund University is administered by LU Accommodation. The accommodation application is submitted separately from the studies application. Students who have been nominated in LINK will automatically get instructions for the housing application.
In accordance with a decicion made by the Vice-Chancellor three categories of housing applicants can be identified:
- Housing guarantee: Fee-paying students, students from the University of California, Linneaus-Palme scholarship holders.
- Priority: Students within the ICM programme, non-European U21 universities.
- Standard: Applications are processed in a chronological order. Coordinators or an interhand representative from each faculty have the opportunity to give some students within this category "priority".
All applications submitted before or after the application period will be processed last, as late applications.
Since not all students will get acommodation through LU Accommodation it is important to encourage the students belonging to the "standard" category to look for housing thorugh other housing agencies too.