Step 2: Nominations and applications
Step 2 involves nominating students until they have submitted their applications online.
Partner universities nominate
In connection with the opening of the nomination period, partner universities will be invited to nominate their students online in SoleMove.
All nominated students will receive instructions via email about how to apply online in SoleMove.
Dates for application periods
- 1–25 April for the autumn semester
- 1–25 October for the spring semester
Deadlines apply for both studies and accommodation, but remember that students must submit two separate applications.
Accommodation for students at Lund University is administered by LU Accommodation. The accommodation application is submitted separately from the studies application. Students who have been nominated in SoleMove will automatically get instructions for the housing application.
In accordance with a decicion made by the Vice-Chancellor three categories of housing applicants can be identified:
- Housing guarantee: Fee-paying students, students from the University of California, Linneaus-Palme scholarship holders.
- Priority: Students within the ICM programme, non-European U21 universities.
- Standard: Applications are processed in the order that they are submitted. Coordinators at each faculty can, if they wish to, prioritize certain agreements or students within this category.
All applications submitted before or after the application period will be processed last, as late applications.
Since not all students will get acommodation through LU Accommodation it is important to encourage the students belonging to the "standard" category to look for housing thorugh other housing agencies too.