Support for incoming students

The administrator serves as the contact person for students for issues not only pertaining to their studies. Your job is to refer the student to the appropriate contact for a number of common inquiries.

Student Guide

The answers to the most frequently asked questions can be found in the Student Guide, which is included in the welcoming package given to all students on Arrival Day.

Find Student Guide

International Desk

The International Desk is a place for international students to meet and receive help with all kinds of practical issues. Throughout the semester, the International Desk organises activities for international students which they announce on their Facebook page and in newsletters.

Read more about the International Desk, see visiting hours and contact information

Student account

The electronic student account gives the students access to a student email address, the Student Portal, Live@Lund and several other systems within the University. Log in information will be sent to the email address provided by the student in the application. LU ServiceDesk offers support via telephone or email.

Contact information and visiting hours for LU ServiceDesk

Processing insurance claims – Student IN

All incoming exchange students are insured through the Kammarkollegiet combined insurance Student IN. The insurance is valid from two weeks before to two weeks after the study period (including the Orientation Programme and exam period), and only in the country of study.

If a student contacts you about an insurance matter, send the following to Kammarkollegiet:

  • Claim form, filled in and signed by the student, and original receipts attached. The claim form shall also be signed by you the administrator. 
  • Copy of the exchange agreement with the student’s home university.


If a student cannot afford to pay a medical expense it is also possible for them to send the invoice directly to Kammarkollegiet. If this is the case, please contact the student insurance manager at Lund University for more information. 

Find claim form for the insurance Student IN by Kammarkollegiet

Student Health Service

The Student Health Service has English-speaking staff members and offer help and support to students regarding issues that might affect their studies, through advice, counselling, etc. For other concerns or medical issues we refer students to public healtcare. Contact information for health centres is available in the Student Guide.

Read more about how the Student Health Service can help

Academic Support Centre offers support for improving study techniques

The Academic Support Centre offers support to international students hoping to improve their study and presentation techniques, and their writing of academic texts.

Read more about the Academic Support Centre

Learning Support for students with disabilities

Learning Support offers support for international students with disabilities, e.g. visual impairment or dyslexia. The student administrator at the home university must contact Learning Support before the start of the exchange to plan what support measures are needed. A confirmation regarding payment for the support is required of the home university. The following support measures are offered: 

  • Note-taking assistance
  • Adapted exams
  • Special tutoring
  • Talking books
  • Mentor

Read more about Learning Support and find contact information

Contact the student’s home university

In serious situations it may be appropriate to contact the student’s home university. Some examples of such situations could be: 

  • Not showing up for courses at which he or she is registered
  • Does not earn any credits
  • Serious health condition
  • Found guilty of cheating
  • Accused of disorderly conduct at the student’s accommodation or similar problems
  • Crimes such as use of narcotics

Information about the next of kin

Students at Lund University are considered adults, and you should exercise caution regarding contacting the student’s next of kin without their consent.

Handling serious crises

Handling serious crises might be necessary regardless if the crisis occurred in Lund or in the home country. As an administrator for students in a crisis situation you should avoid working alone on a case.

For emergencies:

  • Call SOS Alarm: 112
  • The University also has its own security operation, guards and standby security staff can be reached at +46 46 222 07 00 (internal extension 20700)

For non-emergencies:

  • Read Lund University’s security information on handling different types of crises.
  • See if your faculty has a crisis plan including the management of international student crises.
  • If you are uncertain how to properly handle the situation, contact the Student Experience and Mobility team at External Relations for advice.

If something has happened that involves Lund University and you need information fast

Find contact information for officers at Student Experience and Mobility at External Relations


International Desk / Student Reception
St Algatan 4
+46 46 222 01 00
studentreception [at] lu [dot] se

Read more and see opening hours

LU ServiceDesk
+46 46 222 90 00
servicedesk [at] lu [dot] se

Read more about LU ServiceDesk

Kammarkollegiet insurance
Ylva Sörhede
Student insurance manager
+46 46 222 01 15
ylva [dot] sorhede [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se

Read more on the Kammarkollegiet website 

Student Health Service
Paradisgatan 5B
+46 46 222 43 77
Read more about the Student Health Service

Academic Support Centre
Sölvegatan 29, Genetikhuset
+46 46 222 36 95
english [dot] support [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se

Read more about the Academic Support Centre

Learning Support

Read more about Learning Support

Crisis management
SOS Alarm: 112
The University’s emergency telephone:
+46 46 222 07 00

Read more about crisis management