In the years of 2018-2020, researchers, companies, research funding agencies and authorities from Sweden and South Africa will offer opportunities for different forms of cooperation to strengthen existing relations between the two countries and establish new forms of sustainable cooperation with particular focus on younger researchers.
SASUF will arrange the 2nd research and Innovation week on 6-10 May 2019 in South Africa. During the week, approximately 400 researchers from Sweden and South Africa are expected to participate and discuss the UN's sustainable development goals within the following 6 defined areas:
- Climate change, natural resources and sustainability
- Education for a Sustainable Society
- Social transformation through change: Development strategies for society
- Understanding the burden of disease in Sweden and South Africa
- Urbanisation and cities in the 21st Century
- Digital technologies, big data and cybersecurity
The project has an ambition to spread activities and results to many universities in South Africa. As a result of the May 2019 meeting, a number of surrounding satellite activities will be organized throughout South Africa in innovation, education and research. Participation in satellite activities in May is therefore linked to the participation conference in Stellenbosch 8-10 May. A call for co-operation for cooperation will open after the research and innovation week for participating researchers. A third research and innovation week.
+46 46 222 77 42
par [dot] svensson [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se