Doctoral candidates and union support
The Lund Doctoral Students’ Union
The Lund Doctoral Candidates’ Union provides advice, information and support throughout your time as a doctoral candidate. The union organises doctoral candidates at seven of the University’s eight faculties: Humanities and Theology, Law, Science, Social Sciences, Economics and Management, Medicine, and Fine and Performing Arts.
Engineering Students’ Union TLTH
At the Faculty of Engineering, the doctoral candidates are organised by the Engineering Students’ Union TLTH.
Doctoral student representative/Doktorandombudsmannen (DOMB)
At Lund University, there is also an impartial doctoral student representative / ombudsman (DOMB) whom you can contact if you experience any kind of problem as a PhD student.
E-mail: domb [at] ldk [dot] lu [dot] se
Phone: +46 73 397 88 45
Read more about the doctoral student representative/ombudsman on the website of the Doctoral Students’ Union at Lund University (see above)
The Swedish Association of University Teachers – SULF
SULF, the Swedish Association of University Teachers, is a union organisation dealing with issues concerning the salary conditions and professional situation of university teaching staff, researchers and doctoral candidates. The SULF website features information for doctoral candidates on everything from legislation, supervision, practical advice and unemployment benefits.
ST the Union of Civil Servants
ST – The Union of Civil Servants is the largest union within the state. It’s members work for state agencies, companies employed by the state, universities and colleges. ST organizes among others doctoral candidates and works with issues regarding doctoral education. ST All employees of Lund University are welcome as members, regardless of your education or position.
- Higher Education Ordinance at the Council of Higher Education website
- Regulations for third-cycle education at Lund University I 2018 I (PDF 140 kB, new window)
- Admission rules for third-cycle education I 2017 I (PDF 92 kB, new window)
- Guidelines for prolongation of PhD study period following commissions of trust in student organisations and student representation at Lund University (Swe-PDF 93 kB, new window)
- PM extension of doctoral studentship on the grounds of Covid-19 (PDF 254 kB; new window)