Support in ServiceNow
for those providing LUCRIS support
LUCRIS support is a semi-decentralised support organisation which means that we have shared entry to support and a shared case management system, ServiceNow. Questions and requests for support are then answered on the basis of their content.
Questions concerning LUCRIS which arrive by telephone, email, or other channels to the Servicedesk are passed on to the central LUCRIS support. There, the cases are distributed to the support unit that is closest in terms of organisation. Questions concerning roles, development, and improvement are answered by the administration group. Each faculty has a support manager.
ServiceNow as a phone application
ServiceNow is also available as an app that you can have on your phone. You can use it to keep track of cases that come in and also work on cases. Using the app is completely voluntary.
The app is called ServiceNow and can be downloaded from Google play (Android) or the App store (Iphone). When you have downloaded the app, enter the address of the server: luservicedesk.service-now.com
Then you get to LU's login page where you log in with your LUCAT. Inside the app, you get to the start page, and there your favorites are displayed. In order for a favorite to appear, you must have marked an entry as a favorite in the web version of ServiceNow, for instance 'My tickets'. To set a favorite, mark the star next to the entry in the left menu.
How do I start working with LUCRIS support?
Contact the support manager at your faculty, who will then apply for access to ServiceNow via the support function – the case is then managed by the administration group.
The faculties’ support managers are:
- Hanna Flood, EHL
- Kristina Ericson, HT
- Jelena Terzija, J
- Madeleine Bergqvist, K
- Andreas Karman, LTH
- Matthias Bank, M
- Kurt Mattsson, N
- Daniel Lind, S
FAQ for Service Now
- Take responsibility for the case by double-checking that it is in your faculty group (Assignment group) and that it is on you (Assign to me)
- Choose which category of question it is (Category)
- Write internal notes - viewable by anyone logged in (Work notes)
- Write a reply/question to the person who submitted the case (Additional comments). To send the message, now select something under point 5.
- Choose one of the following:
- Update: Saves (if possible sends message in Additional comments) and closes the box and goes back to the start menu (see also under point 6)
- Save: Saves (if necessary sends a message in Additional comments) but you remain on the page ( see also subsection 6)
- Resolve Incident: Saves, sends message and closes the incident.
- If you saved through 'Update' or 'Save' you can under 'State' mark the question, for example if the question is pending on answer.
- Tip! If you want to close a case but think you might receive a follow-up question, you can choose: 'Awaiting User info autoresolve'(remains 7 days).
- If a case is better suited to be answered by the LUCRIS administration, you can send it back. Write reason in 'Worknotes'(3), send with 'To LUCRIS inbox'(7)
All cases in Service Now must be closed, whether the case was resolved via the system or in another way, such as over the phone.
- Open the case
- Make sure the matter is assigned to you (Assigned to...) and that it has been given a category (Category)
- Add a comment in 'Additional comments (Customer visible)' that the case is resolved, and possibly describe the solution, for instance: 'The matter was completed over the phone, advised about the Employee Web and suitable manual/Martina'
- Change under Notify to 'Do Not Notify', click 'Resolve'. The matter is now closed.