Terms for parking
General instructions for parking permits
- Parking fees apply throughout the year. In zone A, and in the Budget zone, parking is subject to fees from 07:00 to 18:00. In zones B and C, fees apply around the clock (00:00 to 15:00 on Saturdays).
- Possession of a parking permit or a pay and display ticket means you can park your vehicle within the specified zone, but does not give you precedence for a certain parking space. Parking permits or pay and display tickets do not apply for parking spaces with parking meters.
- Parking areas are intended for so-called workplace parking during teaching/working hours.
- Parking permits and pay and display tickets are only valid if the original is displayed in the vehicle as directed, i.e. on the inside of the vehicle windscreen, and readable from outside.
- The parking permit is only valid during working hours and may not be used for so-called residential parking.
- The parking permit is personal and may not be given to someone else.
- If you have a disabled parking permit you may park your vehicle in a designated disabled parking space.
Read more about disabled parking permits on the website of the Municipality of Lund (in Swedish)
If you do not comply with the instructions on the road signs and other signs at the car park entrances, you may be liable to pay an inspection fee of SEK 400. If you should park in a disabled parking space without a permit, the fee is SEK 500.
You may be liable to pay an inspection fee in the following cases:
A valid parking permit or day pass is missing or not plainly visible from outside the vehicle.
The vehicle is parked outside the marked parking space
The vehicle is, according to the sign, parked in a reserved or leased parking space.
The vehicle remains parked for more than 14 consecutive hours in zone C, or 24 hours in the A, B or Budget zones.
Parking areas are used for so-called residential parking, in which case the parking permit is revoked.
The fee has not been paid at the pay and display ticket machine, via SMS or with the Parkster app.
Read more about paying via your mobile with Parkster here.
Sales of parking permits to employees
New employees, who have yet to receive their salary from Lund University or are only receiving temporary payments from Lund University, and retired staff, can only purchase their parking permit at the Parking Office, Sölvegatan 14, Building I.
Payment and validity period
Payment of parking permits is made by approving a deduction to your salary (through Nordea) in September and January. If the deduction cannot be made for the requested parking permit, there will be a service charge of SEK 100. A parking permit is valid from 1 September to 31 January or 7 January to 15 September. If you lose your parking permit it will not be replaced. Damaged parking permits can be replaced at the Parking Office.
Collect your parking permit
You can collect your parking permit at your department or division, from the designated contact person. If there is no contact person, you can collect it from the Parking Office during the office’s opening hours. Sometimes there can be long queues, so arrive in good time.