Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.
You are here


As an employee of Lund University, you are covered by occupational injury insurance that applies during working hours and on the way to and from work. You are also covered by a group life insurance policy. On business trips, you are covered by Kammarkollegiet’s business travel insurance.

If you are injured

If you suffer an injury at work, you must immediately inform your line manager and the health and safety representative in your workplace. Your manager is to report the injury. The health and safety representative must also sign the report to show that he or she has been informed. The health and safety representative receives a copy of the report.

If you injure yourself in the workplace or on the way to or from work, you can receive compensation from Försäkringskassan in certain cases. You can also receive compensation from the occupational injury insurance policy (PSA) through AFA Insurance. 

Business travel

When you go on a business trip representing the University, you are covered by Kammarkollegiet’s business travel insurance. It is possible to take out special travel insurance for accompanying family members.

More information about business travel

Spending an extended period abroad

Lund University employees who will be working abroad for an extended period are to have a special international contract (URA).

You can also be stationed abroad if you are to serve abroad for a short period but are accompanied by your family. An international contract must be drawn up in such case and a special insurance policy taken out, known as URA insurance. URA insurance only applies for employees on an international secondment for which a URA contract has been drawn up.

More information about working abroad for an extended period under business travel insurance

Insurance for visitors

A collective group insurance applies automatically for visitors who are active in our operations and permitted to access our premises.

For visitors without a Swedish personal identity number, the applicable insurance is the state group and personal life insurance GIF 

For visitors with a Swedish personal identity number, the applicable insurance is SPS  (Information in Swedish only)


You reach retirement age at the end of the month prior to your 65th birthday. Employees have the right to remain in employment until the age of 67. You can take semi-retirement and receive partial pension from the age of 61.

More information about government occupational pension, partial pension and disability pension


All government employees are covered by the government occupational group life insurance policy (TGL-S). This means that the employee’s family can receive financial support if the employee dies. The insurance applies automatically for all employees.

More information about goverment occupational group life insurance on the SPV website (in Swedish)

Page Manager:


Contact your line manager or the human resources officer within your department/faculty or equivalent.


Telephone: +46 (0)46-222 00 00 (switchboard)
Mailing adress: Box 117, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Invoice adress: Box 188, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Organisation number: 202100-3211

Site manager: staffpages [at]

About this website