Translation and language services
What we do
- We provide translation and proofreading of material from all units within Lund University
- We offer support and information on resources for employees who need to write or present material in English in the context of their work
- We can help with English terminology, suitable translations of Swedish words and expressions and established terms and English usage at LU and within Swedish higher education in general.
What it costs
- We charge SEK1.50 per word for translation and SEK 250 per hour for proofreading commissioned by the faculties.
- Translation is free of charge for central, university-wide documents and all course and programme syllabi
What we don’t do
- Unfortunately we do not have sufficient resources to proofread or translate material from individual researchers and doctoral students (e.g. theses, articles and applications). If you need translation or proofreading of texts like these, you can order them from agencies procured for the public sector through the website Avropa.se
Updates and amendments to existing documents
- Before ordering, please double check whether there is an existing translation that we can use as a reference.
- If you are updating or amending a document which already exists in translation, please indicate what is new in the present version.
- Remember to adapt the content to the target group (who may not be familiar with Swedish circumstances).
How to order
- Prepare your document in a Word file or PowerPoint.
- Give the file a clear and specific Swedish title, i.e. not just "För översättning".
- State the desired deadline, contact person and, if the assignment is subjet to a fee, the cost centre for invoicing.
- Attach the document to an email addressed to oversattning [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
AWELU – support in writing correct English
All employees and students at Lund University write in English at some point. Many feel uncertain when the formal requirements on their text are higher. AWELU is an online resource which provides answers to questions that arise when writing in English. AWELU stands for Academic Writing at Lund University and is thus very much a tool for LU writers of scholarly texts, such as articles, abstracts and applications.
You can also get practical support if you find it difficult to hit the “right” level of formality, if you need translations of university-specific words and titles, or if you suspect that you might be making a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes.
Higher education terms
- Swedish Council for Higher Education Swedish–English and English–Swedish dictionary on uhr.se (in Swedish)
Swedish-English and English-Swedish dictionary
Do you need help with translation or proofreading?
Feel free to contact us for information on cost and delivery times by emailing:
oversattning [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
The group consists of the following employees:
- Lennart Nyberg
- Hanna Löfgren
- Bryan Ralph
- Nicole Tyszkiewicz (in leave)
- Sally Erisman (on leave)