The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Terms of employment

As an employee you have both rights and obligations, as well as certain benefits.

In case of emergency

Find out how to raise the alarm or report an incident such as an accident or occupational injury. You will also find information on what to do in case of threats and risk of violence, or if unauthorised people enter the workplace. In addition, there is information on evacuation, first aid training and crisis management support.

Read more about what to do if something happens

Working for a public authority

Working for a public authority means working in the service of citizens. For example, you must be aware of the rules governing conflict of interest and secondary employment. You are also entitled to certain benefits.

Read more about being a public sector employee

Staff appraisals

Staff appraisals are to be held with all employees. Appraisals are based on the needs of the organisation as well as on your individual goals.

Read more about how to prepare for the staff appraisal as an employee

Remote work

Remote work refers to work regularly carried out at home, or at another agreed location outside the main workplace, with atisfactory insurance cover, one or more days per week, within Sweden’s borders. The Lund University guidelines for remote work apply to employees at the university with the exception of those employees included in the current working hours agreement for teaching staff or the local manager agreement. 

Read more about remote work

Insurance for employees at Lund University

As an employee of Lund University, you are covered by occupational injury insurance on the way to and from your workplace as well as during working hours. You are also covered by a group life insurance policy. In addition, you are insured when travelling on university business or when stationed abroad for your work.

Read more about insurance for employees at Lund University

Secondary employment

In principle, secondary employment is any occupation in which you engage temporarily or permanently alongside your employment.

Read more about secondary employment


Are you about to retire or are you curious about how pensions work? 

Read more about pensions


There is a lot to consider when you decide to resign from your job. For example, you must submit your resignation in Primula, and the notice period can vary. You must continue to fulfil your work duties as usual during the notice period.

Read more about resignation

Employee organisations

Do you want to contact your employee organisation or get involved as a representative? Here you can find contact details for the three organisations with which the Swedish Agency for Government Employers has signed collective agreements.

Read more about employee organisations