Download templates and communication tools
All the templates and communication tools have been designed according to the instructions and rules in the University’s graphics manual. Using these tools saves time and contributes to reinforcing Lund University’s brand by giving an impression of unity.
All templates on this page are also available for download in Lund University’s Image and Media Bank. The links provided here lead directly to each template. If you are not logged in to the Image and Media Bank, you will first land on the start page – log in with your Lucat ID to get through to the template.
Content on the page
- Logotypes, fonts and graphic elements
- Templates for Word and PowerPoint
- Templates for Indesign
- Web templates
- Social media
- Blog tools
- Templates for film production
- Digital newsletters
- Business cards and office supplies
- Communication planning and message
- Presentation material
- Download the basic version of the main Lund University logotype for print and digital use in Swedish and English (zip file, 1.5 MB, new window)
- All approved versions of the main logotype are available for download in the Image and Media Bank
The links lead to the Image and Media Bank for download:
- Download the harlequin pattern
- Download graphic buildings
- Read more about how to use the logotypes, fonts and the various graphic elements
The links lead to the Image and Media Bank for download:
- Download PowerPoint templates in English and Swedish in 4:3 format
- Download PowerPoint templates in English and Swedish in 16:9 format
- Download the template for a research poster in PowerPoint
The templates in 4:3 format are for older projectors or computer screens, with a more square format. These can still be used on more modern wide screens, but there will be a black edge/blank space on both sides of your presentation, as it does not fill the entire screen. The templates in the 16:9 format correspond to the current standard for wide screens and projectors (as well as TVs). Before a presentation, you should find out what type of screen or projector you will be using.
If you are going to hold an oral presentation about Lund University, you can base it on the PowerPoint presentation with general information about the University:
Thesis templates in Word
Please ask your institution or department what size to use before using the template. If you have any questions, contact Jonas Palm at Media-Tryck: +46 46 222 32 71. Do you want to know more? Sign up for a free course to get useful knowledge in handling the templates on the Media-Tryck website.
- Go to Kompetensportalen to sign up for a free course on how to work with the thesis template
- Go to the Image and Media bank to download the thesis templates in English and Swedish
Letter templates in Word
Letter templates in Word are available in Swedish and English. They use the fonts Times New Roman and Arial instead of our profile fonts, to avoid technical problems. When you send an open Word document, the fonts do not follow – if the correct font is not installed on the recipient’s computer, it is automatically replaced by something else. This is why you should use the alternative fonts Times New Roman and Arial, which are standard on all operating systems, when you are working with open documents in Word and PowerPoint. Use our profile fonts Frutiger and Adobe Garamond Pro when working with printed originals and PDFs for example.
For print-outs on pre-printed writing paper there are Word templates with both Times New Roman/Arial and with the profile fonts Frutiger/Adobe Garamond Pro which can be used where possible. You can find them at the bottom of the list below. Remember to fill in all the name and address details before you start using the letter templates.
All links below open in a new window:
- Lund University (zip file, 240 kB)
- School of Economics and Management (zip file, 540 kB)
- Faculties of Humanities and Theology (zip file, 570 kB)
- Faculty of Law (zip file, 560 kB)
- Art Academy in Malmö (zip file, 565 kB)
- Faculty of Medicine (zip file, 580 kB)
- Academy of Music in Malmö (zip file, 582 kB)
- Faculty of Science (zip file, 560 kB)
- Faculty of Social Sciences (zip file, 580 kB)
- Theatre Academy in Malmö (zip file, 565 kB)
- Templates for print-out on pre-printed writing paper (zip file, 29 kB)
All the layout templates for the Indesign program (grid templates) are available for download in the Image Bank. Click the direct link below and log in with your Lucat ID to get through to the relevant template. Instructions and examples of how to structure your layout are included in the download of the templates.
- Poster templates in A3 format
- Advertisement templates (not vacancy announcements)
- Template for doctoral thesis cover
- Brochure templates for A5 and A4 formats
- Magazine templates in A4 format
- Template for roll-ups
- Template for two-fold brochure
- Template for research poster in A0 format
What is a grid template?
When referring to layout templates, we often use the term grid template. Our layout templates for the Indesign program are structured according to various types of grids, i.e. various types of ruler guides/grids. The grid template system contributes to making graphic production quicker and simpler, and helps you to combine logotypes, headings, texts, images and graphic elements in a coherent and well-balanced layout. By basing the layout on the grid templates, we ensure that different types of communication materials are produced according to the same layout principle. This in turn contributes to Lund University having a consistent and unified visual expression.
The Image and Media Bank contains several thousand images which are freely available for use in material produced on behalf of Lund University. Always state the photographer’s name adjacent to the photograph. The Image and Media Bank also contains more information on permitted use of the images. Log in with your Lucat ID and search among the image categories.
For those working with web pages on behalf of Lund University, there are HTLM templates for download from the Image and Media Bank.
- Go to the Image and Media Bank to download the web templates
- Read more about how to apply the graphic profile to the web
- Read more about web coordination and the various web publishing systems within the University
On the social media pages you'll find tips and advice for using social media in the context of your work.
- <Go to the pages on Social media (under construction)>
- Go to the Image and Media Bank to download the logotype in the correct size for the most common social media channels
Lund University uses the standard tool WordPress for blogs. The solution consists of ready-made templates which are easy to use. The templates have been designed in compliance with Lund University’s graphic profile.
Are you going to produce a film? Before you get started, use the checklist "Things to consider before ordering and producing a film".
The graphic profile also applies to film production. There are ready-made Photoshop templates for things like name tags and film intro/title pages, to facilitate your work. There are also audio files specially produced for Lund University – they can be used as background, for breaks in spoken commentary, or as a complement to images and text with no narration at all. You can also download the University’s presentation film from the Image and Media Bank.
The links below lead to the Image and Media Bank for download:
- Download clips and templates for film production
- Download audio files for film production
- Download Lund University’s presentation film from the Image and Media Bank
Tips on how to formulate, structure and work with newsletters:
The University’s internal printing house, Media-Tryck, delivers business and correspondence cards with your details, in accordance with the graphic profile. You can also order other types of office supplies and conference material, such as stationery, name tags, folders, notepads and postcards from Media-Tryck.
- Go to mediatryck.lu.se
- Go to the online store to order business cards and other types of office supplies and conference material (in Swedish)
Effective communication requires planning. What are we to achieve, who are we trying to communicate with and what do we want to tell them? These are examples of important questions on which to base your work. On the page below, you will find a template for drawing up a communication plan, a document containing the University’s key messages and other material to support your work in communicating in a planned and structured manner.
On the page below you will find the University’s general presentation material, such as a PowerPoint presentation and a brochure with facts and figures, profile texts and a presentation video – to use as a basis for speaking about the University at a conference or during a study visit, for example.
Branding Office, Corporate Communications
anna_v [dot] johnsson [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 70 21
nina [dot] ransmyr [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 03 20
petra [dot] francke [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 03 16