Deliveries to the University Archives
All paper documents to be preserved will sooner or later be delivered to the University Archives’ storage facility at Arkivcentrum Syd for final archiving. To be accepted, documents must be organised and accompanied by an inventory. Deliveries that have not first been registered will not be accepted. Therefore, you must contact the University Archives before planning and implementing an archive delivery.
Plan and prepare a delivery
Requirements for archival documents before they can be delivered to the University Archives
- The University Archives only accepts documents that are to be preserved, not documents that have been earmarked for disposal. Read more about which records should be preserved and which should be destroyed.
- Before delivery, the documents must be organised and an inventory drawn up. The inventory must be completed by a professional archivist. If your organisation does not have its own archivist, contact the University Archives at universitetsarkivet [at] legal [dot] lu [dot] se. Read more about how to organise your organisation’s records on the Physical archiving page.
- The packed boxes in which the documents are to be transported must not be too heavy. A good principle is to pack each box so that the person packing it is able to carry it themselves.
Archival material to be preserved by a body other than the University Archives
Former employees sometimes leave behind documents that exist in the borderland between public authority record and private archive. For personal archives of a primarily private nature, you should in the first instance contact the University Library at handskrift [at] ub [dot] lu [dot] se.
For archivists within the Faculty of Medicine, there may sometimes be documents that belong to the healthcare sector rather than to the University, for example if Region Skåne is the accountable authority responsible for a research project. In such cases, these should be held by the Region Skåne’s central archive.
Conduct a delivery
Practical information before a delivery
- You must contact the University Archives at universitetsarkivet [at] legal [dot] lu [dot] se before a delivery of archival documents to Akrivcentrum Syd can take place.
- In most cases, you can use the University’s internal mail service to transport archival documents to the University Archives at Arkivcentrum Syd (internal mailing code 62). Orders are placed via universitetsposten [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se. Transport is paid for by the organisation ordering the delivery.
- For very large shipments, an external removal company may be required. In such cases, the framework agreement should be used to contract this service. Transport is to be paid for by the organisation ordering the delivery.
- The University Archives stores archival documents for free. The retrieval of requested documents is also free of charge for the organisation.
After delivery has taken place
After the delivery has been received, the University Archives sends two receipts to the organisation that arranged the delivery. One must be signed and returned to the University Archives and the other is to kept to show what has been delivered. The receipt acts as proof of delivery.
universitetsarkivet [at] legal [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 16 70
Records Management and Archives
221 00 Lund
Internal mailing code: 62
224 78 Lund