Do you need a different version? All approved versions of the Lund University logotype are available for download from the Image and Media Bank. Log in with your Lucat ID.
Producing one’s “own” logotypes is not permitted. If you have questions about this, if you want to apply for sub-logotype (see description below) or for the right to individual profiling (separate graphic profile), contact the Branding Office at Corporate Communication or send an email to grafiskprofil [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
Lund University’s logotype is available in three approved basic versions, in Swedish and English. The two-line centred level 1 logotype is clearest and most communicative, and should therefore be used wherever possible. In certain contexts, depending on layout and format, you may need to choose one of the other versions.
Two-line centred main logotype (recommended):
Single line centred main logotype:
Horizontal main logotype:
The University’s layout templates (grid templates) provide the logotype which is best suited to the format you are downloading.
The two-line logotype also exists in versions known as sub-logotypes. Lund University consists of many different organisations and in certain contexts there is a particular need to clarify which part of the University is communicating. Combining the University’s main logotype with the name of a specific organisation forms a sub-logotype that clarifies the origin of the message.
- Faculties and schools, as well as Campus Helsingborg, are written in capital letters (these sub-logotypes replace the previous level 2 logotypes).
- Other sub-logotypes are written using a first capital letter followed by lowercase. Organisations that use abbreviations or acronyms are an exception – these can be in capitals.
Example of sub-logotypes
The text stating the organisation’s name or acronym is always to the right of the logotype.
The field under the horizontal line can be used to clarify what the name stands for or to indicate faculty affiliation.
In sub-logotypes that use abbreviations, the name is always to be written or explained under the horizontal line. The full name of Lund University should never be written in a sub-logotype as it is already included in the main logotype.
Basic criteria for permission to use a sub-logotype
Sub-logotypes are primarily for faculties and schools, as well as Campus Helsingborg. Any other organisations considering applying to use a sublogotype need to analyse and justify the need for it, not least from the perspective of external recipients.
Basic criteria for obtaining a sub-logotype:
- The organisation has a particular need for external communication and branding.
- The organisation is of substantial scope in terms of staff and funding.
- The organisation is of a long-term nature.
- In addition to faculties and schools, other activities may also be given the opportunity to use a sublogotype in case of special requirements. Read more about this in the graphics manual.
Applying for a sub-logotype
Applications for a sub-logotype are to be submitted to the relevant faculty (or equivalent) which will approve or reject the application after consultation with Corporate Communications. Approved applications are processed by Corporate Communications who will order and deliver the sub-logotype in an approved format. Please note that producing your own sublogotypes or altering approved sublogotypes is not permitted.
Things to remember when using the logotype
The Lund University logotype must always:
- Appear in the colours bronze/blue, black or white.
- Appear in a size where the seal (see image below) is at least 10 millimetres high.
- Be placed in a space which is free of text or other elements, known as a free zone. This free zone must always be at least as wide and as high as the “L” in the word LUND.
- Be placed on a simple and plain background, so as to be clearly visible.
The Lund University logotype must never:
- Be modified in any way, such as writing a different name next to/under the seal.
- Appear in colours other than bronze/blue, black or white.
- Be modified in its proportions.
- Appear on a busy background.
The seal must always be at least 10 millimeters high:
Illustration of the free zone around the logotype:
anna_v [dot] johnsson [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 70 21
petra [dot] francke [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 03 16