Your browser has javascript turned off or blocked. This will lead to some parts of our website to not work properly or at all. Turn on javascript for best performance.

The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Travel expense reports

Have you been on a business trip? Here you will find information about what to include in and how to submit your travel expense report.

Travel expense reports for both domestic and international travel, with associated expenses, must always be filed immediately after completing your trip, and within a year at most. It is not possible to register receipts in Primula dated more than one year prior. This also applies to private expenses not linked to any trip.

Report your travel expenses in Primula web, under ‘travel expenses’ on your page 

Log into Primula web using your Lucat identity. Further instructions on how to fill in an expense report are available in Primula web.

Report VAT in your expense report

Only Swedish VAT can and must be reported. Report the VAT when registering your expenses in your travel expense report in Primula web.

Expenses in other currencies

Have you had expenses in other currencies? Enter the correct exchange rate for the date of the expense: Check bank statements or calculate based on examples from:

Currency Converter on Oanda`s website

If you are using an account statement or a currency conversion receipt, the document is to be attached in the system.

Travel advances

If you have received a travel advance it must be reported and deducted from the travel expense report.

Travel advances are granted in exceptional circumstances. The preferred mode of procedure is to use a charge card with personal payment liability.

Read more about charge cards

Contact your immediate human resources officer for more information about travel advances.

Attachments to your travel expense report

The following documents shall be attached to the travel expense report you submit to your line manager/relevant officer:

  • Conference programme/participants or other documents proving that you did in fact travel and that it was a business trip.
  • Receipts for your expenses. Attach original receipts for any expenses for which you request reimbursement. Keep in mind that credit card slips are not valid receipts.
  • Hotel/accommodation receipts are not required if you had an overnight subsistence allowance
  • Travel tickets for public transport are not required
  • Parking fees which were paid at coin operated machines without receipts are accepted

Once you have completed your travel expense report

Once the travel expense report is completed in SSC Primula, you are to send it digitally to your travel expense reviewer.

  • If there are receipts to be reviewed, print out and hand in the expense report attachment together with the original receipts and the programme/invitation in case of entertainment expenses or travel to the travel expense reviewer.
  • The expense report attachment does not need to be signed except in cases where other procedures apply at your department/equivalent.
  • In the absence of receipts, no print-out is required.

Subsistence allowance

For domestic and international business travel you are entitled to reimbursement of your travel expenses and to receive subsistence allowance.
Reimbursements are provided to you via the travel expense report which you file after your business trip has been completed.

Read more about subsistence allowances, meal benefits, travel reimbursements and meal deductions.


Contact your line manager or your organisational unit’s HR/staff officer if you have any questions about your employment or your organisational unit’s procedures regarding HR/staff matters.

If you can’t find what you are looking for on the web page…

Access the most-searched university-wide HR information or ask the HR Division a question.