Travel expense reports
Have you been on a business trip? Here you will find information about what to include in and how to submit your travel expense report.
The travel expense report must always be submitted as soon as possible after you return home from travel, within one year at the latest.
Log into Primula web using your Lucat identity. Further instructions on how to fill in an expense report are available in Primula web.
Report VAT in your expense report
Only Swedish VAT can and must be reported. Report the VAT when registering your expenses in your travel expense report in Primula web.
Expenses in other currencies
Have you had expenses in other currencies? Enter the correct exchange rate for the date of the expense: Check bank statements or calculate based on examples from:
If you are using an account statement or a currency conversion receipt, the document is to be attached in the system.
If you have received a travel advance it must be reported and deducted from the travel expense report.
Travel advances are granted in exceptional circumstances. The preferred mode of procedure is to use a charge card with personal payment liability.
Contact your immediate human resources officer for more information about travel advances.
Attachments to your travel expense report
The following documents shall be attached to the travel expense report you submit to your line manager/relevant officer:
- Conference programme/participants or other documents proving that you did in fact travel and that it was a business trip.
- Receipts for your expenses. Attach original receipts for any expenses for which you request reimbursement. Keep in mind that credit card slips are not valid receipts.
- Hotel/accommodation receipts are not required if you had an overnight subsistence allowance
- Travel tickets for public transport are not required
- Parking fees which were paid at coin operated machines without receipts are accepted
Once you have completed your travel expense report
Once the travel expense report is completed in SSC Primula, you are to send it digitally to your travel expense reviewer.
- If there are receipts to be reviewed, print out and hand in the expense report attachment together with the original receipts and the programme/invitation in case of entertainment expenses or travel to the travel expense reviewer.
- The expense report attachment does not need to be signed except in cases where other procedures apply at your department/equivalent.
- In the absence of receipts, no print-out is required.
For domestic and international business travel you are entitled to reimbursement of your travel expenses and to receive subsistence allowance.
Reimbursements are provided to you via the travel expense report which you file after your business trip has been completed.
Please contact your line manager or the human resources officer within your department/faculty or equivalent.