Direct award of contract
Direct award is a procurement without formal requirements or requirements for advertising. A direct award is usually used when the value of what is to be purchased is below the threshold for direct awards, SEK 615,312.
When you are about to purchase goods or services for which the contract value over a four-year period is below the threshold for direct award (SEK 615,312) and no contract currently exists, you shall make a direct award of contract. Depending on the contract value there are different requirement for documentation of the direct award:
- Direct award when contract value is below SEK 100,000: Ask at least three suppliers and choose the supplier that best meets the requirements. If the contract value is less than SEK 100,000, there are no requirements to document the direct award.
- Direct award when contract value is SEK 100,000 - 615,312: Ask at least three suppliers and choose the supplier that best meets the requirements. If the contract value is SEK 100,000 or more, you need to document the direct award according to “Template – direct award of contract" below.
Guidelines and templates
- Guidelines – direct procurement (PDF, 137 kB, new tab)
- Template – direct award of contract (Word, 55 kB, new tab)
- Contract template for direct award of contract (Word, 123 kB, new tab)
If you want to learn more about direct awards of contract, there are courses you can take. There are several different courses for purchasing officers. Which course you can select depends on your prior knowledge.
Regulated by the Public Procurement Act
Purchasing and Procurement
223 50 Lund