The University’s production team
Do you need help to produce a video, animation or illustration? If so, you can contact the University’s production team.
Would you like to engage the production team? Send an email to johan [dot] nyman [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se and you will be contacted for a start-up meeting.
If you need help purely with illustrations that will not be used in moving material, contact illustration [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
The production team can help with
- Videos/illustrations that present/visualise research environments and courses/programmes
- Videos, illustrations and infographics for press releases
- Podcast productions
You can also get help with certain parts of a production, such as concept development, clipping, filming etc.
When you engage the production team, you ensure that your production fulfils all the requirements regarding GDPR, web accessibility, the University’s graphic profile and illustration style, and copyrighted music.
The video and podcast studio
The studio, which is used for certain productions, is at the Botanical Museum. Do you have a complete concept with all resources in place, but need a studio? If so, you are free to use the video and podcast studio. Contact the production team to make a booking.
The production team has a fixed cost of SEK 850 per hour. After an initial meeting, you will receive a cost estimate for the whole project.
Examples of productions
See examples of productions and what they cost:
If you want to engage the production team:
Producer and project manager
+46 46 222 70 11
johan [dot] nyman [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
If you need help with illustrations only:
illustration [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
Music Teacher Training Programme
The team filmed clips of their own, as well as using Malmö Academy of Music’s material. Drone footage was bought in. Interview with students. The images and written content in the manuscript were produced with a working group from the Music Teacher Training Programme. All music in the video was produced and performed by students at Malmö Academy of Music.
Cost: SEK 37 400.
Ten videos about medical research centres
A total of ten videos that each present a medical research centre. The videos consist of interviews, clip images from labs, animation and music.
Cost: SEK 10–15 000 per video.
Film about upcoming archaeological excavations in Uppåkra. The team produced, for example, animations of historic buildings. The film is used as presentation material for donors.
20 videos for digital book fair
Twenty videos recorded over two days in the studio. The client proposed the researchers who would take part and managed the interviews. The team produced the graphics and chose music.
Total cost: SEK 42 000.
Educational presentation: Faculty of Science
Eleven videos about the Faculty of Science's educations. The videos were produced in accordance with the university's illustration style.
Cost: SEK 15 000 per video.
3D animation: Fracture treatment
The client produced the narrator’s script. The production team took care of the filming and editing, did the animations and chose music.
Cost: SEK 22 400.
Illustrations produced in the University’s illustration style take between 4 and 16 hours, depending on how advanced the production is. More examples will be added.
How does the process work?
These are the stages of the working process:
- Before each production, an initial meeting is held for a discussion with the team about the structure, goals and purpose of the video/illustration/infographics. This also includes help with communication planning and a clarification of who the client is and thus who provides feedback and approves the delivery.
- Afterwards, you receive an assignment description and a cost estimate.
- The next stage is that you, as the client, approve the brief, cost estimate and script outline, if applicable.
- In the final stage before the production starts, the script and storyboard are approved.
- The work on filming, interviewing, graphic production, illustration, editing etc. gets underway.
- You will then see a first draft on which you can give your feedback.
- The video/illustration is finalised with a final review and minor adjustments and sent for final approval.
- If the video’s content, goals and purpose are suitable for dissemination via the University-wide channels, the organisation can get help with this.
Procured film production agency
You can also contact the University’s procured film agency, Bloody Honey, for help with videos and animations:
Filmed events and videos for courses or programmes
Filming and streaming of events are handled by LU Conferences.
Videos with an educational purpose are handled by the Division for Higher Education Development (AHU) and its video studio.