Graphic profile and logotype
Lund University’s image is affected by how we communicate with the world around us. The graphic profile is an important tool in this communication work. It helps us all to talk clearly about our University and what it stands for. On these pages, you will find rules and practical tips for how to use the University’s graphic profile.
All printed and digital material produced on behalf of Lund University is to comply with the rules and instructions in the graphics manual. Logotypes, typography, colours, image styles and graphic elements make up the building blocks of our graphic profile. Each part communicates that our University is both classic and dynamic, and they combine to create a cohesive visual identity.
- Download images, templates, logotypes, fonts, video clips and audio files from the Image and Media Bank
- Download the basic version of the main Lund University logotype for print and digital use in Swedish and English (zip file 1,5 MB, new window)
Graphics manual and advice
To support you in your work, there is a graphics manual which describes our graphic profile and explains how it is structured. The manual contains rules, instructions and practical tips for how to use the graphic elements correctly.
- Lund University graphics manual, in Swedish (PDF 19,5 MB, new window)
- Browse the manual on issuu.com
Do you have any questions about the graphic profile? Contact Corporate Communications or send an email to grafiskprofil [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
When should the graphic profile be used?
The graphic profile was decided by the vice-chancellor and applies to all activities which are organisationally part of Lund University. It is important that you apply the profile in all material produced on behalf of Lund University, whether printed or digital, both within and outside the University.
Why do we have a graphic profile?
Lund University has a high reputation both in Sweden and internationally and has been ranked among the 100 best universities in the world for several years. In order to maintain and reinforce this position, we must ensure the highest quality in everything we do. This means not only what we do, but how we communicate what we do. Our graphic profile and logotype are important tools in this work which help us to:
- Provide clear and coherent communication
- Generate recognition
- Distinguish Lund University from other higher education institutions
- Increase the University’s visibility
- Increase credibility and give a professional impression.
These factors are a condition for maintaining our strong position in the tough competition for research funding, skilled staff and students. This is why it is important that we all work according to the graphic profile.
The Lund University name
- In Swedish, we are called ‘Lunds universitet’. The word ‘universitet’ is always written with a small-case u.
- In English, we are called Lund University (not University of Lund).
- The abbreviation LU is only intended for internal usage and should therefore not feature in any material intended for an external audience.
Exceptions are social media, where we use LU when space is limited (for example on Twitter and Instagram).
Be careful to always include the name Lunds universitet/Lund University in connection to the name of your faculty/department/ research team. This is important for clarity in all channels, in both printed and digital material. Another reason to write out the whole of the University’s name is that this enables us to be included in the documentation for rankings lists, which in turn affects the opportunities for a good position.
A clear name is an important starting-point for ensuring that wider society instantly understands what the organisation does and its position as part of Lund University. The purpose of the present advice is to use consistent principles to simplify and clarify the process of naming new organisational units (research environments, start-up companies, projects, etcetera).
anna_v [dot] johnsson [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 70 21
petra [dot] francke [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 03 16
maria [dot] wendel [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 70 07