Graphic profile and logotype
The graphic profile is an important tool in the University’s communication with the wider world. With clarity and consistency, it tells the world about the University and what our brand represents. All printed and digital material produced on behalf of Lund University is to comply with the rules and instructions in the graphic profile.
Graphic profile and advice
Logotypes, typography, colours, image styles and graphic elements make up the building blocks of our graphic profile.
On these pages, you will find rules and practical tips for how to use the University’s graphic profile.
This information is also available in a printed manual that can be downloaded as a PDF. The manual is only available in Swedish.
- Lund University graphics manual, in Swedish (PDF 19,5 MB, new window)
- Browse the manual on issuu.com
- Order a printed version from the Media-Tryck webshop
- How to use the graphic profile in various channels
Do you have any questions about the graphic profile? Contact Corporate Communications or send an email to grafiskprofil [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
When should the graphic profile be used?
The graphic profile was decided by the vice-chancellor and applies to all activities which are organisationally part of Lund University. It is important that you apply the profile in all material produced on behalf of Lund University, whether printed or digital, in both internal and external communication.
Why do we have a graphic profile?
Lund University has a high reputation both in Sweden and internationally. In order to maintain and reinforce this position, we must ensure the highest quality in everything we do. This means not only what we do, but how we communicate what we do. Our graphic profile and logotype are important tools in this work which help us to visually:
- Contribute to the university's visibility
- Provide clear and coherent communication
- Generate recognition
- Distinguish Lund University from other higher education institutions
- Increase credibility and give a professional impression.
The Lund University name
- In Swedish, we are called ‘Lunds universitet’. The word ‘universitet’ is always written with a small-case u.
- In English, we are called Lund University (not University of Lund).
- The abbreviation LU is only intended for internal usage and should therefore not feature in any material intended for an external audience. Exceptions are social media, where we use LU when space is limited.
Be careful to always include the name Lunds universitet/Lund University in connection to the name of your faculty/department/ research team. This is important for clarity in all channels, in both printed and digital material.
A clear name is an important starting-point for ensuring that wider society instantly understands what the organisation does and its position as part of Lund University. The purpose of the present advice is to use consistent principles to simplify and clarify the process of naming new organisational units (research environments, start-up companies, projects, etcetera).
petra [dot] francke [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se (petra[dot]francke[at]kommunikation[dot]lu[dot]se)
+46 46 222 03 16
maria [dot] wendel [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 70 07
anna_v [dot] johnsson [at] kommunikation [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 70 21