The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.


Here you can learn more about the different kinds of insurance you are covered by, as an employee.

As an employee, you are covered by various insurance policies. Some examples are occupational injury insurance on the way to and from work and during working hours, group life insurance and insurance while on business travel.

Occupational injury insurance

Occupational injuries are those that occur in the workplace or on the way to or from work. Here you will find information about the insurance coverage that applies if you suffer an occupational injury.

Read more about occupational injury insurance

Business travel insurance

As an employee, when you travel on University business, you are covered by Kammarkollegiet’s business travel insurance. It is possible to take out separate travel insurance for accompanying family members.

Read more about business travel insurance

Insurance for international staff

For international staff at Lund University, the insurance rules that apply vary depending on whether or not the employee is formally registered as resident in Sweden.

Read more about insurance for international staff

Insurance for scholarship holders

Scholarship holders are not employed at Lund University and are therefore covered by separate insurance rules.

Read more about insurance for scholarship holders

Insurance for visitors and research volunteers

Special insurance rules apply to visitors taking part in the University’s activities and to volunteers in experiments and trials.

Read more about insurance for visitors and research volunteers

Occupational group life insurance

All public sector employees are covered by the agreement on the Government’s occupational group life insurance (TGL-S). This means that the employee’s family can get financial support in case of the employee’s death. The insurance automatically covers all employees.

Read more about the government’s group life insurance for staff on the SPV website (in Swedsh)


If you cannot find what you are looking for on this webpage, you can ask the HR Division a question via the case management system, which is reached via the page Find the right HR information and support on the HR website

Contact your line manager or the HR officer at your organisational unit if you have any questions concerning employment or your organisational unit’s procedures for HR/staff matters.