Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.
You are here

Business travel

Due to the spread of the coronavirus, the following temporary rules apply.

In order to ensure a safe workplace and study environment for employees and students, and to help minimise the possible spread of infection, the University has decided:

  • until further notice to only authorise domestic business travel that after consultation with the line manager is deemed to be necessary. The Swedish Public Health Agency’s recommendations are to be observed for such trips.
  • until further notice only to grant permission for business trips abroad which in consultation with the line manager are deemed to be necessary and able to be conducted in a safe way taking into consideration any travel restrictions. This applies for as long as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (UD) advises against non-essential travel to all countries.

Read more about the University´s decisions and recommendations

Travel-free alternatives

Read more about digital meetings and video conferences at Lund University

Previously booked trips

If you have already booked a trip and are going to cancel it, the recommendation is to wait for as long as possible in order to ensure any possible compensation.

Egencia contact details

  • Urgent matters and trips, i.e. within 72 hours: contact via telephone +46 40 608 57 50
  • General questions and trips that are not as urgent: contact via email customer_service [at] egencia [dot] se
  • For changes and cancellations, you can also try to log in and cancel via the Egencia website or mobile app
    Link to self-service booking system (log in using Lucat ID)

Egencia’s information regarding the coronavirus/Covid-19 in the self-service booking portal

The information, available in Swedish and English, is updated around the clock.

At the top of the self-service booking portal is a banner via which you can read “Updates on Covid-19”. Click on the “Learn more” link for specific information for travel managers and general information for all travellers within different areas. There is also a link to Egencia’s Help Centre with useful FAQs on solutions/products.

A little further down under Egencia’s Help Centre is a dedicated link for rules and links to specific airlines, hotels, rail operators etc. There are also updated policies for airlines, hotels and rail companies.

When booking approved domestic business trips you can now, via the filter “Worried about changing plans?”, view only the hotels that offer free cancellation.

Link to self-service booking system (log in using Lucat ID)

Page Manager:

Train, Photo:

Contact - Business Travel

Book travel via the travel agency Egencia

Self-booking (if you have created a traveller profile):

Link to the self-booking system (log in with Lucat)

Customer service:

Hours: 08:00-17:00

Telephone +46 40 608 57 50

Email: customer_service [at] egencia [dot] se

Questions and answers about our travel agency services (PDF 454 kB, new tab)(In Swedish)

Booking taxis within Skåne

Find procured taxi companies (PDF 111 kB, new tab)

Rental car via LU Service

Campus service

campusservice [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se

Help with interpreting regulations

Employees are to address any questions on interpretation of the regulations and general advice to their line manager. Managers can email their own questions to resor [at] lu [dot] se.

Lund University Guest House

Lund University Guest House is located at Sparta, close to the Faculty of Engineering as well as Ideon and the School of Economics and Management, and a quick walk or bike ride from the rest of the University. Lund University Guest House offers simple rooms at a modest price.  

Read more about Lund University Guest House

Presentation material

In connection with your trip you may be speaking about Lund University. If this is the case, you can make use of general presentation material. You will find this here:

General presentation material about Lund University

Telephone: +46 (0)46-222 00 00 (switchboard)
Mailing adress: Box 117, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Invoice adress: Box 188, 221 00 Lund, Sweden
Organisation number: 202100-3211

Site manager: staffpages [at] lu [dot] se

About this website