In order to ensure a safe workplace and study environment for employees and students, and to help minimise the possible spread of infection, the University has decided:
- until further notice to only authorise domestic business travel that after consultation with the line manager is deemed to be necessary. The Swedish Public Health Agency’s recommendations are to be observed for such trips.
- until further notice only to grant permission for business trips abroad which in consultation with the line manager are deemed to be necessary and able to be conducted in a safe way taking into consideration any travel restrictions. This applies for as long as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (UD) advises against non-essential travel to all countries.
Previously booked trips
If you have already booked a trip and are going to cancel it, the recommendation is to wait for as long as possible in order to ensure any possible compensation.
Egencia contact details
- Urgent matters and trips, i.e. within 72 hours: contact via telephone +46 40 608 57 50
- General questions and trips that are not as urgent: contact via email customer_service [at] egencia [dot] se
- For changes and cancellations, you can also try to log in and cancel via the Egencia website or mobile app
Link to self-service booking system (log in using Lucat ID)
Egencia’s information regarding the coronavirus/Covid-19 in the self-service booking portal
The information, available in Swedish and English, is updated around the clock.
At the top of the self-service booking portal is a banner via which you can read “Updates on Covid-19”. Click on the “Learn more” link for specific information for travel managers and general information for all travellers within different areas. There is also a link to Egencia’s Help Centre with useful FAQs on solutions/products.
A little further down under Egencia’s Help Centre is a dedicated link for rules and links to specific airlines, hotels, rail operators etc. There are also updated policies for airlines, hotels and rail companies.
When booking approved domestic business trips you can now, via the filter “Worried about changing plans?”, view only the hotels that offer free cancellation.
Contact - Business Travel
Book travel via the travel agency Egencia
Self-booking (if you have created a traveller profile):
Telephone +46 40 608 57 50
Email: customer_service [at] egencia [dot] se
Booking taxis within Skåne
Rental car via LU Service
campusservice [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se
Help with interpreting regulations
Employees are to address any questions on interpretation of the regulations and general advice to their line manager. Managers can email their own questions to resor [at] lu [dot] se.
Lund University Guest House
Lund University Guest House is located at Sparta, close to the Faculty of Engineering as well as Ideon and the School of Economics and Management, and a quick walk or bike ride from the rest of the University. Lund University Guest House offers simple rooms at a modest price.
In connection with your trip you may be speaking about Lund University. If this is the case, you can make use of general presentation material. You will find this here: