The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

How to book a trip

This is how you book a business trip.

Read more about digital meetings and video conferences at Lund University

FAQ - Business travel

All business travel is to be booked through the travel agency with which Lund University has an agreement. This applies to all travel paid for by Lund University (for staff and persons travelling at the request of the University). Only staff are authorised to book trips under this agreement.

Rail travel in Europe

All rail travel in Europe are to be booked via the Danish rail travel agency, Togrejse.

Read more about booking rail travel in Europe

All air travel, airport transfers, accommodation, and rail travel in Sweden

All air travel, airport transfers, rail travel connected with air travel and domestic rail travel are booked as previously via BCD Travel.

Read more about booking via BCD Travel

If travel is booked through BCD Travel Sweden AB, the University can locate the University’s travellers in the event of an incident or terrorist attack.

Be prepared

  • Is the price especially important? Be sure to specify this when speaking with the travel agent.
  • Be prepared when contacting the travel agency: Where are you going? When? Changes?
  • Clearly state if you wish to book changeable or refundable.
  • Include as much as possible: hotel, connecting trains, buses, air taxis, etc.
  • It is important to clearly state if you would like the travel agent to make a preliminary booking or a definitive booking.
  • Remember to confirm the booking.
  • When you receive your booking confirmation, it is important you check that all the information is correct.

Local travel

Read more about university bicycles, public transport, use of cars, taxis and buses

Several travellers travelling together?

Carefully consider whether several key people, e.g. the entire departmental board, should travel on the same flight or bus, in case something were to happen.

Using the telephone while travelling

For travel abroad, see the terms and conditions for your mobile contract as well as roaming rates for calls and data.

Business travel insurance

You will be covered by travel insurance via the procured travel agency. As an employee, you are also insured via Kammarkollegiet’s business travel insurance.

Read more about business travel insurance

Contact - Business Travel

Book all air travel and accommodation, and rail travel in Sweden via the travel agency BCD Travel

Self-booking (if you have created a traveller profile):

Technical questions concerning the self-booking system:

clienttechnologysupport [at] bcdtravel [dot] eu (clienttechnologysupport[at]bcdtravel[dot]eu)

Customer service:

Hours: 08:00-17:00

Telephone +46 8 505 461 12

E-mail: lu [at] bcdtravel [dot] se (lu[at]bcdtravel[dot]se)

After 17:00, you will be transferred to BCD’s 24-hour service. Bear in mind that the service fee is higher after office hours.

Changes or cancellations

Contact the travel agency directly or use their website or mobile app.

Booking group travels (10 or more travellers)

BCD Travel Meetings & Events

Telephone: +46 8 5054 6373

E-mail: groups [dot] sweden [at] bcdme [dot] com (groups[dot]sweden[at]bcdme[dot]com)

Questions on invoices and credit notes

BCD Travel AB

E-mail: fakturafragor [at] bcdtravel [dot] se

Booking rail travel in Europe

Contact information for the travel agency Togrejse (LU Box - log in with Lucat)

Booking taxis

The taxi agreement covers the whole of Sweden as well as trips to and from Norway, Denmark and Finland. The agreement can be found under the category ”Travel and Accommodation/Taxi services” in Lupin/Proceedo.

Log in to Lupin

Rental car via LU Service

Campus service

E-mail: campusservice [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se

Help with interpreting regulations

Employees are to address any questions on interpretation of the regulations and general advice to their line manager. Managers can email their own questions to resor [at] lu [dot] se.

Change your traveller profile name

resor [at] lu [dot] se (resor[at]lu[dot]se)

Additional questions

The Purchasing and Procurement office

Please contact us via our support form (Category: Purchasing/"Agreements and procurement")