Here, you can read more about how to handle purchases when travelling on business, for example, or on other occasions where you cannot get an invoice for your purchase.
If you have business travel-related expenses as a Lund University employee, you can apply for a Eurocard charge card with personal payment liability. Approval from your head of department/equivalent is necessary.
- The card has no annual fee, no cash withdrawal fee, no additional charge for purchases in foreign currency, and the card invoice allows 30 days for payment.
- The invoice for purchases is in the card holder’s name and is paid by the card holder. Eurocard does not send out paper invoices so connection to e-invoicing and/or direct debit must be set up by the card holder.
- Reimbursement for business expenses paid is applied for by the card holder in Primula.
Payments via Primula are made three times per month.
- Via "My Eurocard" online and in the "Eurocard" app, you can view your purchases, both those already invoiced and those not yet invoiced. You can also choose whether your card is to be open or locked for online purchases, view your PIN code, etc.
Application Eurocard private card
Your head of department/equivalent contacts LU Finance using the support form:
- Selecting the category "Ingoing and outgoing payments – Charge card".
- Stating in the description field that the application is for a Eurocard private card and specifying your name.
A link with instructions for application will be sent out.
Cancellation of private charge card
The card holder or head of department/equivalent is to notify Eurocard’s Customer Service on that the card is to be cancelled when the holder’s employment ends. LU Finance conducts annual checks to reconcile the employee register with the Eurocard account register.
Eurocard customer service
Telephone: +46 8 14 67 37
Bear in mind that, as this is a card with personal payment liability, any reimbursements will be paid to the card holder who has requested reimbursement or made a claim against a payment.
Never provide your card number, codes or personal details in any other context than when making a payment.
Purchase account/Virtual card
In cases where there is a need to make online purchases and payments, departments/equivalents may apply for a virtual (multiple transaction) purchase account or a virtual single transaction card. Please note that the virtual cards are not intended as general means of payment but are only to be used in exceptional cases, when invoices are not an option.
Virtual purchasing account (multiple transactions)
- A business account that can only be used for online purchases
- The account is not a physical card
- The account details are personal and are not to be disclosed to, or used by, anyone other than the administrator of the purchasing account
- Pursuant to the EU payment services directive (PSD2), identification with BankID is required for purchases
- The invoice for purchases is addressed and sent electronically to Lund University
The head of department/equivalent determines whether a purchasing account is necessary.
Ask for the application form for a purchasing account using the LU Finance support form. Select the category "Ingoing and outgoing payments – Charge card".
Send the completed form to LU Finance Division, internal mailing code 31, or by post to Box 117, 221 00 Lund. Attach an explanation of the need for a card to the application, which is to be signed in the original by the head of department/equivalent.
Virtual single transaction card
If necessary, it is possible to obtain a virtual single transaction card.
This card is issued for a single transaction, for a limited amount and is valid only for a limited period, usually one week. Contact the LU Finance Division using the support form. Select the category "Ingoing and outgoing payments – Charge card", for more information and the application procedure.