The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Local travel

Here you will find information on what applies for travel in the immediate area.

All trips are to be booked via the University’s travel agency BCD Travel Sweden AB.

This does not apply to services that are not covered by the travel agency or that the service provider cannot provide.

Read more about how to book more extensive trips

All business travel at Lund University shall be planned with consideration given to work environment, the environment, as well as to cost efficiency. The first option should be fossil free modes of transport. Cycling or public transport should be the preferred option. Try to think cost efficiently.

Read more about the following on this page:

University bicycles

Many of Lund University’s units have a University bicycle, check with your unit administrator to see if this is the case at your workplace.

Public transport

Use of cars for business travel

Cars shall be used restrictively for financial, environmental and safety reasons. Procured rental cars shall always be green vehicles.

When using a car for work, remember to find out what applies with, for example, deductible. There may be different insurance terms depending on whether you are going to make the trip domestically or internationally, and/or will use a private car or rental car.

Car rental

You can rent a private car, KIA Ceed Plug-In Hybrid, at LU Service:

24-hour rate: SEK 800/24 hours + SEK 30/10 km
Weekly rate: SEK 2 800 + SEK 30/10 km
Monthly rate: SEK 8 000 + SEK 30/10 km

Bookings are made through Lupin/Proceedo under the category Travel and Accommodation/Car rental – Internal services.

The cost of fuel is included in the fees above. You do not need advance the money for fuel yourself; in case of long-term rental, a fuel card is available whenever you need to fill the tank.

You can also borrow a Brobizz transmitter. The invoicing of Brobizz charges is retroactive.

The car can be picked up from 07:30 on the booking day, at Sölvegatan 14, Building I.

The Parking Office, parkering [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se, for bookings and further information.


External suppliers can be found via Lupin/Proceedo under the category Travel and accommodation/car rental – short-term rental.

These can also be found at Kammarkollegiet, see

Read more and find agreements via (in Swedish)

Private car

For damage that occurs to the traveller’s private vehicle or motorcycle (non-rental) during business travel, the insurance deductible will be covered by Kammarkollegiet.

From December 1, 2023, the insurance terms from 2023 apply.

Information on business travel insurance on the Kammarkollegiet website

Taxi, bus

Lund University has agreements regarding taxi services and bus rental services in connection with various events such as conferences, excursions, outings, etc. You can find information (in Swedish) about the agreements in Lupin/Proceedo under "Purchase", category "Travel and Accommodation".

Taxi trips

The taxi agreement covers the whole of Sweden as well as trips to and from Norway, Denmark and Finland. More information is available in Lupin/Proceedo under “Purchase”, category ”Travel and Accommodation/Taxi services”.

Taxi trips in connection with air or rail travel booked via our travel agency BCD Travel, are also booked via BCD Travel.

Bus trips

Bus trips are primarily booked with Bussresor i Sverige AB. Bookings are made via the following channels or via a text box in Lupin/Proceedo:

Email: Info [at] bussbokning [dot] com
Telephone: +46 31 21 79 00

Prices for small buses (up to and including 22 seats)

Price per hour: SEK 400
Price per kilometre: SEK 1

Prices for large buses (more than 22 seats)

Price per hour: SEK 500
Price per kilometre: SEK 3

More information is available in Lupin under “Purchase”, category ”Travel and  Accommodation/Bus trips”.