The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Faculty travel and research grants

Researchers, doctoral students, lecturers or readers at Lund University can apply for the faculties’ travel and research grants. A few are also open to undergraduate students including Master’s students.

How to apply

The application period for the faculties’ travel and research grants is at the start of the spring and autumn semesters, normally in February and September. The call for applications for your faculty states the eligibility criteria.

Log in or create an account in the application system (new tab)

Open calls for applications and deadlines

The application period for the spring semester is now closed. The next application period will open in September. Please note that you will not be able to apply outside of the application periods. 

Decisions and payment

Most faculties have a scholarship group that goes through and ranks the applications. A decision is then taken by the Faculty Board or equivalent. The faculties have different regulations on the size of the grants paid out and how often the same person can be awarded a grant. This is stated in the call for applications. Decisions are usually made in April/May and November/December.  

Payments of scholarships and grants awarded to university staff are made to the relevant department. If you are not an employee of Lund University, payment can be made to a private bank account. In order to receive payment of the grant, you must use the requisition form that accompanies an approved application in the application system.

It is not possible to request redistribution of the funding for a different purpose or an extension of the grant period. Instead you are welcome to apply for a new grant in the next application round.

If your trip is moved to a later date, you can still use your grant, provided that it is within the specified period in the decision.

Reporting and repayment

A report must always be submitted after the completion of a trip or project. The reporting form can be found in the application system alongside an approved application. Submit your report promptly after you have used the grant.

If the entire grant is not used, the remaining funding must be repaid to the foundation. Repayment is usually handled by the finance officer at your department.

If your trip is cancelled and you will not be able to use your grant, please inform the Endowment Administration, stipendier [at] eken [dot] lu [dot] se (stipendier[at]eken[dot]lu[dot]se)


Contact one of our administrators on stipendier [at] eken [dot] lu [dot] se

You can also get in touch with us by telephone.
Emma Haverlind
+46 46 222 71 44
Emma [dot] Haverlind [at] eken [dot] lu [dot] se

Olof Jernryd
+46 46 222 71 48
Olof [dot] Jernryd [at] eken [dot] lu [dot] se

Krister Åstrand
+46 46 222 71 45
Krister [dot] Astrand [at] eken [dot] lu [dot] se

Postal address
Lunds universitet
Box 117
221 00 Lund

Visiting address
Sandgatan 5

Internal mail code 31