Faculty travel and research grants
Researchers, doctoral students, lecturers or readers at Lund University can apply for the faculties’ travel and research grants. A few are also open to undergraduate students including Master’s students.
How to apply
The application period for the faculties’ travel and research grants is at the start of the spring and autumn semesters, normally in February and September. The call for applications states the eligibility criteria.
Log in to the application system (new tab)
Open calls for applications and deadlines
Next application period will open in September 2023. Please note that you will not be able to apply outside of the application periods.
Trips that are affected due to the coronavirus
- If your trip is cancelled and you will not be able to use your grant, please inform the Endowment Administration.
- If your trip is cancelled, but there are non-refundable expenses that have already been paid, it is permitted to use part of the grant to cover these expenses. Account for the expenses in the report in the application system. Refund instructions will be sent to your finance officer.
- If your trip is moved to a later date, you can still use your grant, provided that it is within the specified period in the decision.
- You are not permitted to use the grant for another conference/trip than the one of which you have been granted funds.
- It is not possible to get an extension of the grant period. Instead you are welcome to apply for a new grant in the next application round.
Decisions and payment
Most faculties have a scholarship group that goes through and ranks the applications. A decision is then taken by the Faculty Board or equivalent. The faculties have different regulations on the size of the grants paid out and how often the same person can be awarded a grant. This is stated in the call for applications.
Payments of scholarships and grants awarded to university staff are made to the relevant department. If you are not an employee of Lund University, payment can be made to a private bank account. In order to receive payment of the grant, you must use the order form that accompanies an approved application in the application system.
If no other deadline is specified in the decision, the grant must have been utilised within two years of the decision date.
Reporting and repayment
A report must always be submitted as soon as possible after the completion of a trip or project. The reporting form can be found in the application system alongside an approved application. Submit your report promptly after you have used the grant.
If the entire scholarship or grant is not used, the remaining funding must be repaid to the foundation. Repayment is usually handled by the finance officer at your department.
It is not possible to request redistribution of the funding for a different purpose or an extension of the grant period. Instead you are welcome to apply for a new grant in the next application round.
Contact one of our administrators on stipendier [at] eken [dot] lu [dot] se
You can also get in touch with us by telephone.
+46 46 222 71 44
Emma [dot] Haverlind [at] eken [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 71 48
Olof [dot] Jernryd [at] eken [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 71 45
Krister [dot] Astrand [at] eken [dot] lu [dot] se
221 00 Lund
Internal mail code 31