Compensation for staff on parental leave or sick leave when the salary review is conducted
If you were on leave with parental or sickness benefit during the salary review period, an agreement is in place between Lund University and the employee organisations Saco-S, OFR and SEKO which, under certain circumstances, allows for compensation to cover the difference between the payment you would have received if the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) had based the level of payment on your revised salary, and the actual payment paid out until the new salary is approved.
Content on this page:
- Therefore, it is possible to apply for compensation
- By then, the application and documentation must be received by SSC
- Who is covered by the compensation?
- Are you entitled to compensation?
- Which periods are covered by the compensation?
- How to apply for compensation?
The reason is that the Swedish Social Insurance Agency (Försäkringskassan) does not make retrospective payments from the date of the salary review (1 October 2023) but from the date on which the employer (Lund University) and the employee organisation agreed on the new salary (the so-called date of agreement).
Documentation and notification must be received by SSC no later than the last Friday of the month after the new salary has been paid.
This means that:
- For doctoral students who received their new salary in November, the application and documentation must be submitted to SSC no later than December 29, 2023.
- For Saco-S and unorganized employees who, according to the preliminary plan, will receive their new salary in February, the application and documentation must be submitted no later than March 29, 2024.
- For OFR/S and Seko, which according to the preliminary plan will receive their new salary in March, the application and documentation must be submitted no later than April 26, 2024.
- Have a leave case entered in Primula as parental leave or sick leave that exceeds 30 calendar days, which in whole or in part covers between 1 October 2023 and your current agreement date for the new salary.
- For the leave in question, you have received sickness benefit or parental benefit from the Swedish Social Insurance Agency.
- Have a salary before salary review 2023 that is lower than the Swedish Social Insurance Agency's income ceiling for parental or sickness benefit (SEK 43,750 for 2023 and SEK 47,750 for 2024).
The Swedish Social Insurance Agency's income ceiling
|Year||Income ceiling monthly salary (parental leave and sick pay)|
|2023||SEK 43, 750|
The compensation covers the period from the date of the salary review (in this case 1 October 2023), up to and including the day before the date of agreement between Lund University and the relevant employee organisation.
This means the period for which you can apply for compensation is determined by which employee organisation you belong to. For employees who are not members of any agreement-bound employee organisation, the date of agreement between Lund University and Saco-S applies.
|Employee organisation||Period covered by the compensation|
|Saco-S (and those who are not union members)||From 1 October 2023, up to and including 12 October 2023|
|OFR||From 1 October 2022, up to Contract date not clear yet|
|Seko||From 1 October 2022, up to Contract date not clear yet|
|Doctoral student Saco-S||From 1 October 2022, up to and including 12 October 2023|
|Doctotal student OFR||From 1 October 2022, up to and including 25 October 2023|
|Doctoral student SEKO||From 1 October 2022, up to and including 12 October 2023|
Försäkringskassan will calculate parental benefit or sickness benefit on the basis of your new income, starting from the date of agreement. Current dates of agreement can be found by a link in the right-hand column of this page.
The compensation is processed by Statens Servicecenter (SSC), on behalf of Lund University. You apply for compensation as follows
- Log in via the SCC portal
- Choose “Kontakta oss” (Contact us) to create a request under “Lönehantering & Lönesystem” (Salary management & salary system). Next, choose “Löneunderlag — beslut och underlag” (Salary documents — decisions and documents).
- Attach evidence from Försäkringskassan, “Besked om utbetalning,” (Payment statement) for the months covered by the compensation.
- State your union membership status (to enable SCC to calculate compensation for the correct period).
- Submit your request.
You will be notified of a decision when SCC have completed their processing.
Are you entitled to compensation?
Scan the QR code and answer the questions in the form!
If you have any questions about the compensation or the application process, contact your nearest HR officer in your faculty/equivalent.
In Primula Web you can carry out many tasks relating to your employment, including applying for annual leave, viewing your salary statements, reporting secondary employment and submitting a declaration of illness.
In the SSC Portal you can find information about operational disruptions and planned interruptions to services for upgrades, in Primula.
Call ext. 29 000, press 3
External call, from a personal telephone +46 (0)46 222 90 00, press 3)