Lund University has long had an extensive collaboration with Australia and New Zealand in research and education and through its membership in the Universitas 21 network. The university has student exchange agreements with many Australian and New Zealand universities, both at university-wide level and at faculty level.
Global Dynamic Engagement (GDE) is an approach on which Lund University bases its work to strengthen and further develop its international impact regarding research, education and innovation. Democracy, academic freedom and taking responsibility are the cornerstones of this work.
GDE for Oceania
In the road map for Oceania for 2023, prioritised activities are presented for the university-wide work during the year but does not exclude other issues that may become relevant for prioritisation. This is in accordance with the method used for the platform for strategic work, which Lund University is working to regarding 2023–2024
- Carry out initiatives to improve the balance between incoming and outgoing exchange students and thereby enable more outgoing students from LU
- Actively use U21 membership and the contacts it generates to strengthen cooperation and the exchange of experiences within research, education and innovation
- Investigate possibilities for deepened collaboration with a selected anchor university in the area
- Initiate a review of innovation districts with a view to selecting a suitable district for external engagement
Collaborations in Oceania
Lund University's collaborations with Australia and New Zealand take place through student exchanges as well as research and network collaborations. The Universitas 21 (U21) network enables in-depth collaboration on many different levels, not just mobility.
U21 has five members in Oceania
- University of Melbourne (Australia)
- UNSW Sydney (Australia)
- University of Queensland (Australia)
- University of Sydney (Australia)
- University of Auckland (New Zealand)
+46 46 222 62 40
teresia [dot] rindefjall [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se (teresia[dot]rindefjall[at]er[dot]lu[dot]se)