The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Occupational injury insurance

Here you can read more about occupational injury insurance.

Content on this page:

Occupational injury insurance

If you are injured in the workplace, or on your way to or from work, you may be entitled to compensation.

If you suffer an occupational injury, you – together with your manager and health and safety representative – must notify Försäkringskassan.

How to report

How to report occupational injuries and incidents

Compensation for occupational injuries

Report any costs associated with the occupational injury to Försäkringskassan and the Afa Försäkring insurance company that investigates the matter and can provide compensation for loss of income, cost of medication, pain and suffering or other injuries and ailments. 

Remember to save any receipts for expenses incurred in connection with the event.

Read more about the compensation you may be entitled to here:

When you work remotely

How does the occupational injury insurance apply if something happens to you while working remotely? Different rules apply compared to when injuries occur in the workplace. 

Read about occupational injuries incurred on Afa Försäkring’s website (in Swedish)


If you cannot find what you are looking for on this webpage, you can ask the HR Division a question via the case management system, which is reached via the page Find the right HR information and support on the HR website

Contact your line manager or the HR officer at your organisational unit if you have any questions concerning employment or your organisational unit’s procedures for HR/staff matters.

For more information

Afa Försäkring (AFA Insurance)
Contact Afa Försäkring, in English (

Försäkringskassan (the Swedish Social Insurance Agency)
Contact us (