The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Payment of salary

Your salary is normally paid out on the 25th every month. You are responsible for providing your account details to the paying bank, which is Swedbank.

Content on this page:

Individual salaries along with fixed and variable salary supplements are paid out per calendar month. You receive your salary at the earliest on the 25th of each month, with certain exceptions:

  • When the 25th falls on a Saturday, the payment is made on the 24th.
  • When the 25th falls on a Sunday, the payment is made on the 26th.
  • When Midsummer Eve falls on the 23rd, 24th or 25th, the payment in June is made on the day before Midsummer Eve.
  • In December, the payment is made on the 21st at the earliest.

Register a bank account for salary payments 

You have to make sure that you have a bank account for salary payments registered in Swedbank’s account register. This also applies to employees that are on sick leave, parental leave or leave of absence.   

You do not need to be a Swedbank customer to register an account. Neither do you need to open an account at Swedbank. You can register an account in Swedbank’s account register from any Swedish bank. But if you already are a customer at Swedbank, please log in and check that the correct account number is registered. 

You log in to Swedbank’s account register using Bank ID/Mobile Bank ID (or with a security token, if you are a Swedbank customer or a customer of a bank in the Sparbanken group). 

Once you have logged in, you can see whether you have an existing account connection in Swedbank. If you wish to change or add an account connection, state the relevant bank account (which can be with any Swedish bank) and approve. "Befintlig anslutning" (existing connection) then changes automatically to the account you have changed to or added. 

Read more about how to log in and register account in the Swedbank account register

If you do not have e-identification with a Swedish personal identity number

If you do not have e-identification with a Swedish personal identity number, you can visit one of Swedbank’s branches and identify yourself using standard ID documents.

Swedbank offices in Skåne (addresses and opening hours)

If you have a coordination number

Currently, it is possible for you with a coordination number to register a Swedish bank account digitally without an e-identification, via the link below. However, Swedbank has announced that this service will be phased out, but cannot currently answer when that will happen.

How to register a foreign account

In order to register a foreign bank account for salary payments, you must visit a Swedbank branch, in person. This is necessary due to the bank’s ID checking procedure, among other things. A proxy is not accepted by the bank. 

To register an account you need to have a Swedish personal identity number or a coordination number.

Bring the right documents to the bank 

It is important that you take the right documents with you to Swedbank. Bring the following:

  • Approved passport or national ID document issued by a country in the EU or Schengen Area.
  • Register extract from the Swedish Tax Agency, which shows your coordination number.
  • According to the law, Swedbank must understand how you will use the account you have with the bank. It is therefore a good idea to bring, for example, your employment contract, payslip or bank statement, or financial overview from the previous bank.
  • Swedbank may need to ask you for further documentation in order to complete the application.

When the bank has all the documentation, they will contact you to inform you about the next step.

SUS agreement number 

You need to state what is known as an SUS agreement number (SUS avtalsnummer) in order for your account to be connected to the University’s salary payments. Lund University’s SUS agreement number is 042416. 

Fill in and bring the form below to the bank when registering for an foreign account.

Same personal identity number or coordination number as in Primula

It is important that the personal identity number or coordination number used to register an account for salary payments at Swedbank is the same as the one registered in Primula.

For example: In changing from a coordination number to a personal identity number, you cannot register a bank account for salary payments at Swedbank using the personal identity number and still have the coordination number in Primula.

The Swedbank account register is the same  register used for the payment of electricity support (elstöd). If you have already registered an account for this, and wish to receive your salary payments on the same account, please log in and check that the account number is correct.

If you don´t register an account 

If a bank account for salary payments has not been registered and you have a Swedish address, the salary is paid via a payment notice, which you can redeem online at, or via designated shop agents or Swedbank bank branches. 

Read more about how to log in and register account in the Swedbank account register

Make sure that you have the correct postal address registered in Primula, so that the payment notice is sent to the correct address.

How to open a bank account in Sweden 

In order for Lund University to pay out your salary, you will need a bank account. In order to open a Swedish bank account you will need a Swedish personal identity number. 

Read more on Getting Settled – step by step

Submitting a tax registration certificate

When you start working, you must send an "A Tax" registration certificate to the SSC salary services so that the correct amount of tax is deducted from your salary. This only applies if you have a Swedish personal identity number.

If you don´t qualify for a Swedish personal identity number and instead will have a coordination number, please contact your local HR support.

Supplements or deductions

Your manager decides whether salary supplements are to be paid out with your first salary or after the calendar month to which the supplements refer. The same applies to salary deductions.

If the salary deduction cannot be made according to the relevant decision, the employee is responsible for paying in an amount corresponding to the salary deduction in the time and manner determined by the employer.

Make sure to register any absence from work as soon as possible. You will then reduce the risk of incurring a salary liability due to a salary deduction for late registration of absence.

Check your salary statement

Make sure to always check your salary statement to verify that all the information is correct

If you do not have access to Primula (for example, if you are fee-remunerated), you can get your wage statement via Kivra or Min Myndighetspost. To do this requires you to have a Swedish personal identity number and an electronic identification (BankID/Mobile BankID) and that you are connected to Kivra or Min Myndighetspost.

If you do not have access to Primula and are not connected to Kivra or Min Myndighetspost, contact your local HR officer or Statens Servicecenter (SSC).

New bank for payment of salary in May 2023

All employees have to make sure that they have a bank account for payment of salary registered in Swedbank’s account register.

Bank account registration needs to take place at least one week before the payment date. This provision applies regardless of whether the account notification takes place digitally in Swedbank's account register or through a visit to one of Swedbank's bank offices.

Read more about how to register an account for salary payment


Contact your line manager or the HR function at your organisational unit if you have any questions concerning employment or your organisational unit’s procedures for HR matters.

Primula support

In Primula Web you can carry out many tasks relating to your employment, including applying for annual leave, viewing your salary statements, reporting secondary employment and submitting a declaration of illness.

Log in to Primula

SSC Portal

In the SSC Portal you can find information about operational disruptions and planned interruptions to services for upgrades, in Primula. 

Log in to SSC Client Portal

Call ext. 29 000, press 3

External call, from a personal telephone +46 (0)46 222 90 00, press 3)