The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Reimbursement for healthcare and medication costs

As an employee of Lund University, you are entitled to reimbursement for some healthcare and medication expenses. The reimbursement depends on the kind of healthcare or medication the case relates to, and is taxable. You apply for reimbursement via Primula.

Contents on this page:

Which expenses can be reimbursed?

You can receive reimbursement for medicines and healthcare costs that are covered by high-cost protection. How much you are reimbursed depends on what your application relates to. The benefit is taxable, which means that a certain amount of tax will be deducted from the amount reimbursed. You can apply for reimbursement up to two years after you had the expense.

Read more about high-cost protection for medicines and healthcare ( (in Swedish)

You can read more about what reimbursement the University offers below.

You can be reimbursed for some prescription medicines, provided that they are covered by high-cost protection. The amount that you apply for reimbursement of is the amount listed under “inom förmån/egenavgift” on your prescription specification. 

Don't forget to ask for a prescription specification at the pharmacy. You can also retrieve your prescription specification from your register extract on 1177.

Treatment by a doctor refers to examination and treatment by a licensed physician. You can be reimbursed a maximum of SEK 95 per visit.

Dental care refers to treatment carried out at a hospital or faculty of odontology. You can be reimbursed a maximum of SEK 95 per visit.

Treatment by a psychologist refers to treatment given, after a referral from a doctor, by a licensed psychiatrist, licensed psychologist or licensed psychotherapist. You can be reimbursed a maximum of SEK 95 per visit.

Physiotherapy refers to treatment given, after a referral from a doctor, by a licensed physiotherapist. You can be reimbursed a maximum of SEK 55 per visit.

Hospital treatment refers to inpatient treatment in hospital. Reimbursement is a maximum of SEK 70 per day of treatment.

How to apply for compensation

Apply for reimbursement of medicine costs or healthcare costs as follows:

  1. Log in to Primula and go to My page → Compensation/Fees → Healthcare and medicine.
  2. Choose the type of reimbursement and enter the payment date and amount. The amount you can be reimbursed is listed under the categories above. Register one row per amount.
  3. Click Calculate.
  4. Click Outlays appendix/print and then choose print.
  5. If your treatment requires a referral for you to be entitled to reimbursement: click Note/Att and note that a referral exists.
  6. Finish in Primula by clicking send.
  7. Attach your receipts or other attachments to the outlays appendix you have printed out and send it to the HR Division. See which receipts and attachments are required below.

Send the outlays attachment and receipts/other attachments in the internal mail service to, “HR Division, Internal mailing code 31” or by regular mail to, “Lund University, HR Division, Box 117, 221 00 Lund”. Mark your letter “Granskning/For review.” You will not receive any confirmation of your application in Primula or that your supporting documents have been received by the HR Division.

If you apply for reimbursement of multiple visits of the same kind (e.g. two consultations with a doctor) with the exact same date, you will need to register these as two separate cases. Otherwise, you will only be reimbursed for one of the visits.

Check your receipts and attachments

Please note that your receipts and attachments must be originals, and contain the following information:

  • Your name
  • The amount
  • The date of payment
  • What the payment relates to
  • Prescription specification, if your application relates to medication.

If you paid for the activity via an invoice, attach the invoice and a bank statement stating that the invoice has been paid.

It is important that all the information above is included on the receipt or other attachments in order for your reimbursement to be approved. Otherwise, you will need to request a new receipt from the care provider. Requests submitted with incomplete documentation will be rejected.


If you cannot find what you are looking for on this webpage, you can ask the HR Division a question via the case management system, which is reached via the page Find the right HR information and support on the HR website

Contact your line manager or the HR officer at your organisational unit if you have any questions concerning employment or your organisational unit’s procedures for HR/staff matters.

Primula support

In Primula Web you can carry out many tasks relating to your employment, including applying for annual leave, viewing your salary statements, reporting secondary employment and submitting a declaration of illness.

Log in to Primula

SSC Portal

In the SSC Portal you can find information about operational disruptions and planned interruptions to services for upgrades, in Primula. 

Log in to SSC Client Portal

Call ext. 29 000, press 3

External call, from a personal telephone +46 (0)46 222 90 00, press 3)