Editors of Research output
This page is aimed at you who are Editor of Research Output. On this page you will find information about how and why your work in LUCRIS is an important part.
Your work with research output is important
As a an editor of Research output, you are responsible for ensuring that the metadata on all publications and other research output are correct in LUCRIS. Because of your work, ensuring that the information is accurate and follows our common practices, it becomes accessible and facilitates reuse. You ensure that the information is so detailed that users can find it, that it is useful as a basis for reports for analyzes, and can be exported, for example to SwePub (the national search service for research output).
The task of reviewing
You need the administrative role "Editor of research output" to be able to review. The university library offers courses in how to review and validate every semester. Contact the LUCRIS support to participate.
Your tasks as an Editor are
- Perform review and quality assurance of metadata in accordance with practices and guidelines.
- Facilitate and support researchers when entering data into LUCRIS. As reviewer and support for questions regarding registration of research output, you have an important task of communicating with the researchers whose data you validate.
Support and common practice
There are two documents to facilitate with the review work. The common guidelines was decided by LUB's management council on 19 January 2016.
It is possible to get help via the joint support organisation. There is also access to an LU box with manuals and tips for you who review and validate research output. Contact LUCRIS support if you want to have access.
- Guidelines (see below)
- Courses for administrative staff
The guidelines is continuously updated. Feel free to contact LUCRIS support or someone in the practice working group (AGROL) if you have suggestions for changes or clarifications.
Manuals, guidelines and tutorials
Manuals, practices and tips for those who have the role of 'Editor of Research Output' in LUCRIS (currently only available in Swedish).
- Riktlinjer för inläggning och validering av forskningsoutput i LUCRIS (PDF, 1,04 mB, new tab)
New version 2020-04-22
- Riktlinjer för indelning av Research Output i LUCRIS (PDF, 1,48 mB, new tab)
New version 2021-12-06
- Lathund för validering av avhandlingar i LUCRIS (PDF, 497 kB, new tab)
- Lathund för validering av Research Output i LUCRIS (PDF, 752 kB, new tab)
- Skrivelse om förekomsten av undervisningsmaterial i LUCRIS (PDF, 396 kB, new tab)
FAQ for Validation in LUCRIS
In the case of interdisciplinary collaborations, the review right only ends up on one of these units, to access a publication it is easiest to hover over the list in which the publication is visible from within the system, at the end of the line there is a gear wheel. Click on the gear and 'Claim this content'. You get a free text box and can just write 'want to review' and the central administration grants access.
When entering a publication that was published outside or before taking up a position at Lund Unviersity, 'External Affiliation' must always be used. 'External organization' must always be listed at its top node, for example Copenhagen University (no subdivisions). Current affiliation should not be stated.
If the author indicated both an affiliation with Lund University and an external organization in the research output, then both the Lund University affiliation and the External Affiliation for the author must be added.