Erasmus+ staff training
Develop your professional role in Europe
The Erasmus+ programme supports the professional development of HEI teaching and non-teaching staff as well as the development of involved institutions. All employees at Lund University can apply for Erasmus+ funding for staff training in Europe.
Erasmus+ Staff Training may take the form of training events abroad (excluding conferences) and job shadowing/observation periods/training/Staff Weeks at a partner HEI, or at another relevant organisation or company in Europe.
Applications will be reviewed and processed during the following periods:
- 1 September to 15 December
- 15 January to 30 June
Applications submitted after 31 May might only be processed after the summer vacation period.
Applications submitted after 30 November might only be processed after the winter/Christmas holiday period.
Countries you can travel to in Europe
Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Estonia, Ireland, Greece, Spain, France, Croatia, Italy, Cyprus, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Hungary, Malta, Netherlands, Austria, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Finland.
Third countries associated with the Erasmus+ programme
North Macedonia, Serbia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Türkiye.
Staff training in the UK
Lund University can now offer a limited number of Erasmus scholarships for staff training in the UK. In order to be granted Erasmus+ funding to the UK, a programme/activity of at least 5 working days is required.
If the receiving organisation is a university, a bilateral agreement is also needed.
The budget of the EU/UHR can vary from year to year. Precedence is given to applicants who have not previously been granted funds for staff training. Individual applicants and applications with a maximum of two participants are given precedence over group applications. Applicants who choose to visit the same partner university, organisation or company on repeated occasions will not be given priority.
The stay must be for a minimum of 2 working days. The maximum period granted is normally 1–2 weeks.
If the destination of your trip is to one of the member universities of the EUGLOH alliance, funds may be granted for longer periods.
The staff must stay in the host country during the mobility. This also applies to mobilities in Denmark. If the mobility takes place in Denmark, hotel receipt or similar must be uploaded to the Erasmus database under “Other documents”.
Applications are handled throughout the year. However, the processing of applications may take longer during the summer months. If you have questions, please contact ErasmusStaff [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se (ErasmusStaff[at]er[dot]lu[dot]se)
Please note that the Erasmus+ scholarship must be applied for and granted before departure, i.e., it cannot be applied for retroactively.
In addition to information about yourself and the host institution, an application must provide answers to the following:
- Overall objectives of the mobility
- Training activity to develop pedagogical and/or curriculum design skills – yes/no
- Added value of the mobility (in the context of the modernisation and internationalisation strategies of the institutions involved)
- Activities to be carried out
- Expected outcomes and impact (e g on the professional development of the staff member and on both institutions)
The application is made in several steps:
- Log in to https://www.scholarship.se/erasmus/ (if for the first time, you are asked to register and create an account)
- Under Make a new application – select the Staff Training (STT) application form
- Fill in your details and create an application
- Your application now ends up under Active applications – you can always go back and change your application if necessary
- Under Required actions, you will find further instructions:
- Mobility Agreement – generated when you have completed your application – is downloaded, signed (three signatures: yours, your manager's and responsible person at the receiving university/organisation/company) and uploaded again
- Grant Agreement – proof that you have been granted Erasmus+ funding when it has been signed by the Erasmus+ Coordinator
- Certificate of Attendance – print out your CoA and take it with you to the host institution for signature. The document must be uploaded in the application system again, once you are back from your mobility period.
- Green Mobility to destination – upload tickets
- Green Mobility to Sweden – upload tickets
- Confirmation of Travel / Accounting information
Towards the end of your mobility period, you will receive an e-mail from the EU Commisson with a link to a Participant Survey which you are obliged to answer.
When all the steps have been completed and the information is complete, the granted funds will be transferred to your department.
The Erasmus grant is not to be used to cover course or conference fees.
Funding comprises an amount based on the duration of the stay (daily subsistence allowance) and a travel allowance based on the distance between the home university and the receiving institution according to the EU Commission’s distance calculation. You can also receive compensation for travelling days to and from the destination.
The two parts form together the grant that will be transferred to the department upon return from the mobility. The grant from the Erasmus programme is not intended to cover all the costs for the trip. It is important that you come to an agreement with your division manager/head of department about how you will cover the costs of the exchange that may exceed the scholarship amount. In the case not all funding is used, it will be kept by the department.
One part of the grant is based on the distance between Lund and the city of the destination. The sums below cover both ways, but they are based on the single way. To calculate the distance, the Distance calculator of the European Union should be used.
The daily amount is a grant to cover costs for hotel, allowance, etc. It is based on the number of days (full time) that the staff training takes place.
See the amounts in the tables at the bottom of this page.
The funds are paid to your division/department after the final documentation is received. Payments are made according to the currency exchange rate that applied when the funds were received by Lund University. To receive payment for your trip, you submit a travel expense report in Primula.
- During your stay abroad you will be insured through Kammarkollegiet. Contact your department for more information.
Read the terms of agreement at Kammarkollegiet’s website
- Bring the Försäkringskassan (Swedish national insurance agency) European health insurance card for a discount on possible health care costs.
Order the European health insurance card at Försäkringskassan’s website
- Bring information material on Lund University
Link to Corporate Communications
- Bring gifts for the host institution.
Find gifts at Lund University's "Universitetsbutiken"
- Contact the international office at your faculty and find out if there are any exchange students from Lund University at the host university who you should meet, or if there is something you should know about regarding the relations and collaboration between the universities.
Here you will find contact information for the faculties' international offices
Contribution towards travel
Travel distance - Travel from Lund University to the city of the hosting institution (one way)
|Grant per person for a return trip||Green Travel|
|10 and 99 km||23 EUR||Not available|
|100 and 499 km||180 EUR||210 EUR|
|500 and 1999 km||275 EUR||320 EUR|
|2000 and 2999 km||360 EUR||410 EUR|
|3000 and 3999 km||530 EUR||610 EUR|
|4000 and 7999 km||820 EUR||Not available|
|8000 or more||1500 EUR||Not available|
Daily amount per country
|Amount per day during the first 14 days||Amount per day from day 15 to day 60|
|Denmark, Finland,Iceland, Ireland, Lichtenstein, Luxembourg, Norway, UK||180 EUR||126 EUR|
|Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Malta, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain||160 EUR||112 EUR|
|Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, the Republic of North Macedonia, Türkiye, Serbia||140 EUR||98 EUR|
ErasmusStaff [at] er [dot] lu [dot] se