The rights and responsibilities of students in relation to Lund University are regulated by decisions by the University and by laws and ordinances. Student rights may concern student influence, the students’ work environment, taking exams, degree projects and much more.
The rights and responsibilities of students
The List of Rights - Lund University Students’ Rights and Responsibilities clarifies what students are entitled to and in certain cases also what responsibilities they have, regarding study environment, course planning and timetabling, compulsory components, examination, and more.
The rights apply to first and second cycle students. The implementation of the points in the document is a matter for the staff of the courses and programmes, departments and faculties.
Exemptions from specific points in the List of Rights
According to point 8.3 of the List of Rights, exemptions may be granted by the chair of the university-wide Education Board following a request from a faculty board.
All documents below open in a new tab.
- Decision about exemptions for the Faculty of Engineering, LTH (PDF 233 kB)
- Decision about exemptions for the Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts (PDF 219 kB)
- Decision about exemptions for the Faculty of Medicine (PDF 265 kB)
- Decision about exemptions for the Faculty of Science (PDF 242 kB)
- Decision about exemptions for the Faculty of Social Sciences (PDF 220 kB)
- Decision about exemptions for the Joint Faculties of Humanities and Theology (PDF 263 kB)
- Decision about exemptions for the School of Economics and Management (PDF 243 kB)
Students have the right to be represented when decisions are taken or prepared if they are relevant to the students’ education or situation. Student influence at Lund University is governed by the Higher Education Ordinance and Policy and regulations for student influence at Lund University.
Study and working environment
The head of the department is responsible for the ongoing efforts to improve the study and work environment for both staff and students at that department.
You can read more about the efforts planned for the next few years in the Work environment policy.
A student health and safety representative is appointed by the student unions, with the same rights as the main health and safety representatives to participate in HSE (health, safety, environment) committees and safety inspections.
+46 46 222 68 44
oskar [dot] cornelius [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se