The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Insurance for visitors and research volunteers

There are various insurance solutions for visitors, research subjects and test persons participating in the activities at Lund University. Here you can find out more about the rules that apply to them.

Content on this page:

Insurance for foreign visitors

This insurance automatically applies to visitors who participate in our activities but do not have a Swedish personal identity number. Insurance for foreign visitors is valid all hours of the day and covers both the visitor and any accompanying family members. It is valid during direct travel between the home country and Sweden and provides access to free emergency care in Sweden, among other things. Insurance for foreign visitors includes other protection in addition to medical care.

Read the terms of insurance on the Kammarkollegiet website

Please note that insurance for foreign visitors does not cover planned care, vaccinations or maternity care.

When seeing a doctor or dentist, you must either pay the cost or ask for an invoice to be issued to you. Attach the receipt/invoice to your claim (which must be signed by your head of department/manager) and send to Kammarkollegiet.

When the guest has a Swedish social security number, Insurance for foreign visitors ceases to apply.  Please note that Insurance for foreign visitors then also ceases to apply to any accompanying family members.

Read more on the page about insurance for international staff

Download claim form for foreign visitors, on the Kammarkollegiet website

Special personal injury protection (SPS)

This insurance applies automatically to visitors participating in our activities and who have a Swedish personal identity number. It corresponds to the occupational injury insurance for staff and provides coverage during working hours as well as to and from work.

Read the insurance terms on the Kammarkollegiet website (in Swedish)

Form for filing a SPS claim via the Kammarkollegiet website (in Swedish)

Insurance for research subjects and test persons

Research subjects and test persons participating in research at Lund University are not covered by our collective insurance. Instead, the department/equivalent must take out an SPS insurance policy with Kammarkollegiet. The insurance corresponds to the occupational injury insurance (provides coverage during as well as to and from trials).

The insurance must be taken out by the department/equivalent before the trials by contacting Kammarkollegiet (preferably via email).

Insurance terms and contact information for Kammarkollegiet (in Swedish)


If you cannot find what you are looking for on this webpage, you can ask the HR Division a question via the case management system, which is reached via the page Find the right HR information and support on the HR website

Contact your line manager or the HR officer at your organisational unit if you have any questions concerning employment or your organisational unit’s procedures for HR/staff matters.

Related information