Provisions on actions against students who, for example, cheat on an exam, violate codes of conduct, or harass others can be found in chapter 10 of the Higher Education Ordinance (1993:100).
Procedures for dealing with disciplinary matters:
- When to report
- What to include in the report
- The investigation
- Penalties for disciplinary offences
- What happens with the assessment?
More on penalties for disciplinary offences and on the administrative procedures
Learn more about disciplinary matters and penalties for disciplinary offences:
- Procedures for dealing with disciplinary matters according to the Higher Education Ordinance – some matters in administrative law, by Hans-Heinrich Vogel (PDF, 48 kB, new window) (in Swedish)
- Disciplinary responsibility for students found cheating or disrupting, by Nils Jareborg (PDF, 70 kB, new window) (in Swedish)
Students involved in disciplinary cases may seek support and advice from the Student Health Counselling and the Student Ombudsman at Lund University Student Unions (if the case involves a first or second cycle student) or the Doctoral Student Ombudsman (if the case involves a doctoral student).
Should you file a report, feel free to inform the student in question about these opportunities for support. Contact information for the Student Health Service, the Student Ombudsman and the Doctoral Student Ombudsman can be found under “Contact”.
For any questions regarding disciplinary matters in general, or about your case specifically, please contact Johanna Alhem or Hanna Stam at the Legal Division. See “Contact” for contact information for the Legal Division.
For questions about the process in disciplinary matters, contact:
johanna [dot] alhem [at] legal [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 09 85
hanna [dot] stam [at] legal [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 46 222 71 41
Note! Send your report to:
disciplin [at] lu [dot] se
For support and advice on disciplinary matters, contact:
Student Health Service
+46 46 222 43 77
studentombudet [at] lus [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 70 456 66 13
Doctoral student ombudsman
domb [at] ldk [dot] lu [dot] se
+46 73 397 88 45