Academic Support Centre (ASC)
The Academic Support Centre works to support students in the first and second cycles of study with study technique and academic writing in Swedish and English. This is done through individual supervision, workshops and lectures on topics including study technique and academic writing.
NB! Page under construction.
The Academic Support Centre is undergoing changes based on the amendments to its remit that have been approved for the organisation. The current change process entails fewer lectures and activities than usual. We appreciate your patience! The work is expected to be complete by the spring semester 2022.
The Academic Support Centre aims to provide help for self-help. We also offer an online range including video-recorded lectures which are freely available for use by teaching staff.
The Academic Support Centre strives for its support to be equally available throughout Lund University. This means that each faculty will have an Academic Support Centre contact person and that the Centre’s range of services will be available to all students at the University.
Book an initiative with the Academic Support Centre
Does your faculty or department need support for completion rates? If so, you can send a request for a group activity via our online form.
NB! Remember that the director of studies or equivalent must always be the client for the initiative. The Academic Support Centre processes requests in the order in which they arrive.
As the client for the initiative, you are responsible for:
- ensuring the booking in TimeEdit is made in the lecturer’s name, once the lecture has been confirmed by the Academic Support Centre.
- ensuring that details about the venue and time, or a Zoom link, are sent directly to the language educator when planning the activity. It is important to make sure the language educator can access the space, whether it is physical or digital.
- communicating any changes to timetables and course planning that affect the lecture to the language educator.
- informing students about the activity’s place in the course plan and the written assignments associated with it.
- the presence of the course director responsible. The students may ask subject-related questions during these types of events. These questions cannot be answered by the Academic Support Centre and it is important that the course director is aware of this and expected to attend the whole lecture.
A presentation in PDF format can be sent to you, as course director, after a lecture, for publication on Canvas. If certain students need special support, we can send the presentation before the lecture. Let us know as soon as possible, preferably when booking the event, if you need the presentation ahead of the lecture.
If a lecture is to be recorded or live-streamed, this must be stated at the time of booking, so that the language educator knows in advance.
Further support within the University
- Doctoral students are referred to the university-wide HR initiative “Finish on time” and to the support offered by their faculty.
- The Student Health Centre has resources and is responsible for initiatives to address procrastination.
- Extensive interventions with integrated support in courses are no longer carried out by the Academic Support Centre. Such requests can be addressed to the Faculties of Humanities and Theology.
- Continuing professional development for teaching staff falls within the remit of the Division for Higher Education Development.
Supervision, lectures and workshops
The Academic Support Centre helps students to plan their studies and find better study strategies and writing habits. We also provide concrete feedback on all types of texts and at all stages of the writing process. The students complete an online form to book a free supervision session or register for a writing evening or workshop.
Lectures for students in the autumn semester 2021
During the autumn semester, the Academic Support Centre will be holding a number of open online lectures on various themes, in both Swedish and English.
All our activities are advertised on:
- Recommend that students contact us for supervision
- Inform students about using our tips on studying remotely
Tips about studying remotely at lunduniversity.lu.se
Closed for summer
We are closed from 5 July to 9 August.
Academic Support Centre
Sölvegatan 29 B, Lund
Internal mailing code 13
Telephone: +46 46 222 36 95
Email: english [dot] support [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
ann [dot] kull [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
cecilie [dot] fonnesbech [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
sandra [dot] peterson [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se