Academic Support Centre (ASC)
The Academic Support Centre works to support students in the first and second cycles of study with study technique and academic writing in Swedish and English. This is done through individual consultation, workshops and lectures on topics including study technique and academic writing.
The Academic Support Centre aims to provide help for self-help. We also offer digital resources, including video-recorded lectures which are available for use by teaching staff.
The Academic Support Centre strives for its support to be equally available throughout Lund University. This means that each faculty will have an Academic Support Centre contact person and that the Centre’s range of services will be available to all students at the University.
Book an activity with the Academic Support Centre
Does your faculty or department need support regarding completion rates? If so, you can send a request for a group activity via our online form.
Please submit your request at least two months in advance.
NB! Remember that the director of studies or equivalent must always be the client for the activity. The Academic Support Centre processes requests in the order in which they arrive.
As the client for the activity, you are responsible for:
- ensuring the booking in TimeEdit is made in the lecturer’s name, once the lecture has been confirmed by the Academic Support Centre.
- ensuring that details about the venue and time, or a Zoom link, are sent directly to the language and study consultant when planning the activity. It is important to make sure the language and study consultant can access the space, whether it is physical or digital.
- communicating any changes to timetables and course planning that affect the lecture to the language and study consultant.
- informing students about the activity’s place in the course plan and the written assignments associated with it.
It is preferable that the course director responsible is present. During these types of events, students may ask subject-related questions that the Academic Support Centre cannot answer. By having both a language and study consultant and a course director present, the activity can have a greater value for the students.
A PDF version of the presentation can be sent to the course director after the activity, for publication on Canvas. If some students require special support, we can provide the presentation prior to the activity. If you need the presentation ahead of the lecture, please inform us as soon as possible.
If a lecture is to be recorded or live-streamed, this must be stated at the time of booking, so that the language and study consultant knows in advance.
Further support within the University
- Doctoral students are referred to the university-wide HR activity “Finish on time” and to the support offered by their faculty.
- The Student Health Centre has resources and is responsible for activities to address procrastination.
- Extensive interventions with integrated support in courses are no longer carried out by the Academic Support Centre. Such requests can be addressed to the Faculties of Humanities and Theology.
- Continuing professional development for teaching staff falls within the remit of the Division for Higher Education Development.
Consultation, lectures and workshops
The Academic Support Centre helps students to plan their studies and find better study strategies and writing habits. We also provide concrete feedback on all types of texts and at all stages of the writing process. The students complete an online form to book a free consultation session or register for a writing evening or workshop.
Please recommend your students to visit our webpage to see our current offer.
Academic Support Centre
Sölvegatan 29 B, Lund
Internal mailing code 13
frida [dot] blomberg [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
cecilie [dot] fonnesbech [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
ann [dot] kull [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
maria [dot] kallqvist [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
sandra [dot] petersson [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
Atli Dungal Sigurdsson
atli [dot] dungal_sigurdsson [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se