Here you can learn more about the administration of degrees at Lund University, and the help available to staff, supplied by the Degree Office.
Most students come into contact with the Degree Office only when they are about to complete their studies, but it can be useful to know about the different degree requirements early on, in order to plan the studies.
Detailed information about degrees and main fields of study is also presented on the web pages for students and the general public.
Information and support on degrees
The Degree Office, at the Student Affairs division, processes applications for degrees and evaluates international academic qualifications, with the exception of: degrees from the Faculty of Medicine; third cycle degrees from the Faculty of Law; and first and second cycle degrees from the Faculty of Engineering (LTH). These degrees are handled by the respective faculty.
The Degree Office also provides the following services to staff at Lund University:
- Information and support on degree issues, including, help with interpretation and advice on how to apply degree regulations.
- Help with issues regarding international programmes, and how to transfer credits to a Swedish degree.
- Administrative support for application for credit transfer of prior learning.
Applying for a degree – this is how it works
Students and doctoral students must themselves request to have their degree issued, once having completed their studies. Most degrees can be applied for through the Ladok Portal.
Students can also apply using a paper form, but we recommend submitting an online application, to facilitate the process for all parties.
Please note! The following degrees cannot be applied for through the Student Portal:
- degrees according to the 1993 degree ordinance
- degrees from the Faculty of Law
- degrees in music and music education
- degrees in education.
Processing an application usually takes 6–8 weeks, but may vary, depending on the workload situation. During summertime it can take up to ten weeks.
What’s new at the Degree Office
Below is information about current work at the Degree Office and the projects we are involved in. If you would like more information, please get in touch with the Degree Office’s contact person for the specific project.
- Digital degree certificates – project period March 2022-June 2023. Contact Susanna Björklund.
- Verification function for the verification of degrees – a national function. Contact Hanna Calner.
- Support for how information is to be stated in course and programme syllabi. Contact Imke Thormählen.
- Explanatory designations (in Swedish and English) for the UA grading scale. Contact Susanna Björklund.
examen [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
We do not accept visits until further notice.
Telephone: +46 46 222 01 00
Here you will find us:
Sölvegatan 29 B, Lund
Internal mailing code 13
jennie [dot] almqvist [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
susanna [dot] bjorklund [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
hanna [dot] calner [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
anna [dot] Kettisen [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
Marjaana Kinnunen (on leave)
marjaana [dot] kinnunen [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
jan [dot] lundquist [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
helena [dot] petre [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
holger [dot] sjofors [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se
imke [dot] thormahlen [at] stu [dot] lu [dot] se